2004 started off in a bad way !

mereco

Jun 5, 2003
i had to stay home with the flu ,my mom calls me from ny and tells me my cousing choked on a piece of meat which seems to have caused him to have a heart attack ,he was pronounced dead at the hospital,mind you my cousing was only 30 and leaves 2 kids behind , after speaking with my mom ,i was debating wheter to go to ny or wait till his dad makes the decision where to bury him(dr or ny) but @ 600 am my aunt calls me from santo domingo and tells me my grandmother had a stroke tried to get up and fell ,striked her head and now shes at plaza de la salud ...needless to say this is the worst beginning or ending year in my life !
im waiting for my aunt to call and infrom me how my abuela is doing this morning

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
mereco, the new year is surely off to a bad start for you. Sorry for all your troubles. If I were you, I'd be thinking about crawling into my bed and staying there until 2005.

mereco

Jun 5, 2003
naw !!!
i will remember my cousin and granma with all the great times we had together !
i just was in DR in nov and had the best convo with my 98 year old abuela ,she was the best !
i will never be able to love somenone so much as i cannot imagine someone loving me so much !

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
I'm sorry

Mereco,

I'm sorry about the situation I can't imagine how hard is the situation in your family right now.

**Mis mas sinceras condolencias hermano

Homer Simpson

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sure hope the year gets better.

Hope that the sick pull through. Peace to your family

HB

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
Stay Strong

Meroco when we have tradgedy in the mountains we deal with it by doing exactly what we did when our lost ones were with us.
When my grandfather died we dug the grave ourselves and then filled it in after the funeral. When we left the cemetary we went berry picking along the road back home and all the cousins sat on his front porch and ate blackbeeries with our grandmother and shared our favorite stories with each other.
Large close familys are blessed with much love but we are also cursed with much pain when something happens. I will gladly endure the pain to continue to receive the love.
Hang strong.
John