Taking Vitamins into DR

MAL_Canada

Jan 4, 2004
Greetings! I am leaving in 5 days for my forst visit to the DR. Can anyone tell me what restrictions there may be about bringing in vitamins and prescription drugs? Any help is appreciated.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Make sure you have everything in it's original bottle especially the prescriptions. I've never had a problem and I have them in my carry on bag.

MAL_Canada

Jan 4, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
Make sure you have everything in it's original bottle especially the prescriptions. I've never had a problem and I have them in my carry on bag.

Thank you for your quick response to my question. There are a few vitamins I take that I really would not want to go without for a week, so I am glad to see that there should not be a problem.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Should be no problem. I get prescription drugs and vitamins from the US, have been doing so since 1986, and have never had a problem.

MAL_Canada

Jan 4, 2004
Thank you to the two people who have replied to my inquiry.

Does anyone know whether vitamins taken into the DR have to be new unopened bottles or can they be ones that have already been opened.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
First of all, since you are coming in as a tourist, chances are your luggage won't be checked at all

I've traveled to and from the US carrying vitamins and medicines that I take regularly and have never been questioned because my luggage has neve been checked that closely. And even if it were, I wouldn't expect any trouble.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Business as usual

MAL_Canada said:
Thank you to the two people who have replied to my inquiry.

Does anyone know whether vitamins taken into the DR have to be new unopened bottles or can they be ones that have already been opened.

Just make sure it is the original vitamins in the botles, eh? the odds of inspection are nearly nil for tourists ( if you go thru customs at all that is) but make sure you haven't mixed up the contents of other prescriptions into those vittamin bottles.

I don't even take the bottles - just the pill a day boxes and the original prescription receipts.

MAL_Canada

Jan 4, 2004
Thank you to all the people who replied. This was my first time posting on dr1 or any such site at all, and I was more than happy with the quick answers and information.

Wish me a happy and safe trip, as this getaway is one that is LONG overdue!!

AGAIN..THANKS FOR THE HELP!!