Allegro Occidental Punta Cana Good/Bad??

MAL_Canada

Jan 4, 2004
Allegro Occidental Punta Cana Are the renovations finished?

I will be travelling to the Allegro Occidental Punta Cana in 5 days time. This is my first time in the DR. I have stayed in two Allegro hotels in Mexico with complete satisfaction.

I am looking only for a week of relaxation and warmth.(Temperatures in my home city today are -28 C with a windchill of -40 C, which is -40F)

I am aware of the renovations at the hotel, but I keep reading conflicting reports, as to the completion which was supposed to be done by Dec. 13/03. Does anyone know the actual status of the hotel??

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

HARP

Jan 12, 2004
Sorry I don't have an answer for your question. I am going to be going on March 6 so I was hoping you could post back about your trip and tell me about the resort. The only thing I can tell you is that we talked to a travel agent who was there for a tour in early Dec. and he said it looked wonderful. He said the grounds were beautiful as was the beach and the pool. The rooms have all new paint, furniture, bedding, curtains etc. The resort was not open when he was there and he said he would not recommend anyone going until after mid January so they can work out the kinks. Hopefully that will be the case for you. Good luck and let us know how it goes. We just booked today and frankly the reviews are a little mixed but mostly dated. I think now that the renovations are near complete you should be ok. Remember it is not 5 star and we are not paying 5 star rates. Are you flying out of Ottawa? We are.

travelgirl2

Jan 13, 2004
Allegro Punta Cana

It appears the renovations at the Allegro are not complete yet. Take a peek at Tripadvisor.com. Some had a great time, most complained of the status of the reno. We were there a year ago, and had a wonderful time, so I'm sure once complete, it will be great.

MAL_Canada

Jan 4, 2004
Thank you for your reply.

I returned yesterday to our freezing cold and snow. BRRR!

There is minor construction still going on, but definitely not enough to be upset or distracted. It appears that some people may just have a lesser tolerance for things that displease them.

All in all, I had a wonderful time there and thoroughly enloyed my visit to the DR.