Luggage security-

NHTom

Nov 17, 2003
Just found this item in a travel newsletter. Liked the free replacement but have no idea how reliable it is. Thought it might be worth looking into:
The new SearchAlert re-settable combination padlock from Outside The Box offers unique innovations in luggage security. SearchAlert may be opened with an override device controlled by Transportation Security Administration agents. No SearchAlert lock should be cut off by TSA agents. In fact, we offer a free replacement if it's ever cut off. SearchAlert features a Security Window which changes color from Green to Red when any override device is used. $9.99 each or two for $17.98 Available exclusively online at http://www.outsidetheboxgroup.com

NHTom

Nov 17, 2003
Hi Rick:
Would normally agree except that the info came from elliott.org which a long time newsletter/info site. I sent an email to TSA to see if the locks are 'TSA recogonized locking mechanisms' as IMHO they might actually be worthwhile items to some.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Your quote

NHTom said:
Hi Rick:
Would normally agree except that the info came from elliott.org which a long time newsletter/info site. I sent an email to TSA to see if the locks are 'TSA recogonized locking mechanisms' as IMHO they might actually be worthwhile items to some.

The part that says "In fact, we offer a free replacement if it's ever cut off" made it sound a lot like you, the way you quoted it then. And the URL, unpaid of course.

NHTom

Nov 17, 2003
Security locks

This is not an attempt to promote anything. I have nothing to do with this lock, nor anything to gain, etc by this posting. Did it ever occur to you that I was just trying to pass on some imfo that might possibly be useful to others, which I thought was one of the purposes of boards. I'm new to the board as you can see by the # of posts I have made & I apologize if I should not have included the URL.

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
careful about links

When you cut and pasted the info from the websight you posted an add rather than info and it made it sound like you were on of the reps.
John

NHTom

Nov 17, 2003
Thanks John. I assumed that was what caused the spam relsponse. Again, sorry for that, but cut & paste seemed the most efficient way to do it. I certainly won't make that mistake again.

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
I been blasted before too

It happens to us all I have been blasted too. Comes with the fact that this board is more of a social group than a message board. I have only been using the board for about six months but from what I have seen is everyone has set of standards that says don't be doing commerce on the board itself. While there is selling and swapping going on it is low key and it is usually by people that advertise on the board already and anything that is in the public forum is just info swapping. Also it seems it is acceptable if I say hey anyone know where I can find x or y then I have asked for someone that has a business to talk to me about it and then the details are conducted by PM and email.
That keeps us from getting Spam. That means the info exchanged is a little less likely to be tainted.
I would not take the pouncing personal. If that were the only time you get pounced on in this board it would be unusual. I get sometimes too. It happens. It only means everyone likes you.
John

Last edited: