Another Hipolitos' Stupidity!!!!!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Please tell me that it's not true. Just heard from a friend of mine in DR that that moron changed " el dia de reyes" (3 kings day) from January 6th to January 5th!!!, only because it landed on a Tuesday. What's next, changing mother's day and all the other holidays that does not suits him. I truly can not believe it so let me know if my friend is just kidding, although it came out in today's paper.

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
This is not really new.
I'm waiting for New Years day to be changedto the 3rd of January or so, one day.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Never, Never be surprised with any governments actions concerning Holidays!
They all change things to suit themselves and the working communities.
Day after Monday Holidays are always being changed so the workforce gets a long weekend and so that there is no interruption of workflow due to a mid-week Holiday.
Just Grin and Bear it! Nothing you can do about it. The Government has Spoken!

Texas Bill

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
We don't even get that holiday...

I don't know about you all, but I'm so ready to get back to work and school and stuff - the holidays definitely take their toll and, maaan, it's been a long two weeks!

I'm reminded of my old neighbor, Vicente Santos, who would go on holiday-long drunk-fests screaming, "Esto es hasta Reyes!! Co?o!!!"

I almost DON'T envy those of you in the DR having one more day of... this.

Ya, I said 'almost'...

But here's a good title for a new bachata:

Que se acabe la fiesta ya, que me voy a morir!

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Texas Bill said:
Never, Never be surprised with any governments actions concerning Holidays!
They all change things to suit themselves and the working communities.
Day after Monday Holidays are always being changed so the workforce gets a long weekend and so that there is no interruption of workflow due to a mid-week Holiday.
Just Grin and Bear it! Nothing you can do about it. The Government has Spoken!

Texas Bill

I understand a change here and there to make it a long weekend on a particular holiday, but changing 3 Kings Day? I've never heard of such stupidity.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well

They elected the BURRO didn't they?

Nothing should surprise you, buddy, nothing.

HB

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Re: Well

Hillbilly said:
They elected the BURRO didn't they?

Nothing should surprise you, buddy, nothing.

HB
Now tell me guys, isn't that moron the worse president that the DR has ever had?. So far at least but with many more candidates to follow his steps!!!.