Pueblo Viejo Gold Mine

ROLCHIN

Jan 4, 2004
I have been trying to following the activities and governmental approvals for future environmental clean up work at the Pueblo Viejo Mine- Any thoughts or news from anyone ?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Nothing too recent

Placer Dome has a contract to exploit the mine. The who-gets-what-and-when is not very clear, except to indicate that there has been a lot of hanky panky in the deal.

Recently a consessionaire near the Haitian Border seemed to have a tie-in with the Placer Dome deal but nobody really knows what is what.]]Why not as Mrs. Sonia Guzman de hernand4ez, the Minister of Industry and Commerce??

HB

ROLCHIN

Jan 4, 2004
Gold in those hills

This is a quick moving forum. Do you think my interests would be better served in the bussiness area?
I want to keep this thing rollin and hopefully find out the nitty gritty.
I would enjoy the oppertunity for involvement with clean up/ opening efforts.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
As per the contract signed with Placer Dome, the Dominican government is responsible for the clean up of the environmental damage in the area. On the other hand, Placer Dome still has to decide whether it goes ahead with the contract.

ROLCHIN

Jan 4, 2004
Gold in those hills

Thank You so much for the reply, I will try and follow closely as I was hoping for involvement last spring- summer for a 2 year clean up project. Any info is helpful and I am still optimistic the project will go foward.

The government in the DR seemed excited, then the banking scandel and everything has remained flat since then.

Please - keep me informed ;) ;)

If you know of any other mining project in the works and have Company info that I could contact, that would be great.

My backround is in mining, materials management. And I am now searching for international oppertunities.