Paraiso del Sol

Michael Morphis

Jan 4, 2004
Better half and I are returning to Cabarete on Saturday for a week of decompression. We stayed at Camino del Sol (same hotel) 3 and 5 years ago respectively, and obviously thought enough of it for a 3rd try. On our 1st stay we were the only North Americans there, and had a great time becomming friends with Dominicans and Europeans. On the second trip to the same resort, the Paraiso side had just opened and during the 10 days the food quality and services suffered (there were never TVs in the rooms and the one in the small end of the restaurant was removed after 3 days as the Paraiso "side" rooms have TV). We felt that everything nice was being shifted to the new side, but we went for relaxation, beach, Presidentes and to meet new friends - all objectives met.
I have found recent reviews all over the map, and I think (hope) that this is due to the confusion over the 2 sides of the place. I called the Paraiso from their web site phone number after getting no replies from e-mails, and my reservation (booked through an on-line Dominican travel agent) was confirmed along with my assumption that Paraiso standard rooms are now the old Camino rooms and the Superior rooms, which we booked, are in the new Paraiso "side". I will post a review in a couple of weeks.
Oh - we do get out of the AI on most days, and I can't wait to get tostones in town.
Any new info on Paraiso or Ahmsa Marina in general would be great - thanks.

marmar

Jan 1, 2004
I was at Paraiso 3 weeks ago to buy a place. The Paraiso was on the side of the street where the beach is. There are tvs and fridges. Try to get the 3rd floor so there is no musty smell. They were getting everything perked up and ready for the big arrival.

Laurie