Hotel Guatapanal in Las Terrenas!

egomezb

Feb 17, 2003
I'm planning a small vacation with my GF for the 19 and I'd like any information on the Hotel Guatapanal in Las Terrenas. I've been in Samana before but never to Las Terrenas, so I'd like information on the road conditions as well.

TIA,

EGB

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
egomezb said:
I'm planning a small vacation with my GF for the 19 and I'd like any information on the Hotel Guatapanal in Las Terrenas. I've been in Samana before but never to Las Terrenas, so I'd like information on the road conditions as well.

TIA,

EGB

Hotel Web site is at http://www.guatapanal.com.do/

Road condition from Sanchez to Las Terrenas: paved and with a lot of pot holes, from Las Terrenas to Playa Coson, unpaved back road.

Do NOT drive at night from Sanchez to Las Terrenas, is to dangerous with all the curves on this steep road.

Have a good vacation!
WebDev

egomezb

Feb 17, 2003
Re: Re: Hotel Guatapanal in Las Terrenas!

WebDev said:
Hotel Web site is at http://www.guatapanal.com.do/

Road condition from Sanchez to Las Terrenas: paved and with a lot of pot holes, from Las Terrenas to Playa Coson, unpaved back road.

Do NOT drive at night from Sanchez to Las Terrenas, is to dangerous with all the curves on this steep road.

Have a good vacation!
WebDev

Thanks for your reply WebDev and specially for your advice.

Any info regarding the hotel conditions and services. I've seen their website but prefer the opinions of people who's actually been there.

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Re: Re: Re: Hotel Guatapanal in Las Terrenas!

egomezb said:
Thanks for your reply WebDev and specially for your advice.

Any info regarding the hotel conditions and services. I've seen their website but prefer the opinions of people who's actually been there.

I stay one night only in September 2003, majority of guest were Europeans, Dutch and Germans noisy and in a party mood, wich I was not. The next 3 nights we stay at La Isabela, also on Playa Coson.
The hotel is only one or two years old, the food was good and the location is magnificent, IMHO.

WebDev

egomezb

Feb 17, 2003
:cool: Thanks again WebDev. I think we'll be hittin' the road early and be there around noon. I'm in Santiago BTW.

EGB

Carla

Jan 24, 2003
beautiful

I spent two short vacations there-very nice hotel, friendly service, (apart from the front desk...),good food, great beach-not much entertainment though, taxi prices into las terrenas were a total rip-off...but looks like you have your own transport.enjoy!!!

Last edited:

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
The entertainment is the sunset. Las Terrenas is one of the jewels of the DR.

egomezb

Feb 17, 2003
Thanks guys, we're not really into nightlife so a quiet place is really what we're looking for and probably whale watching and/or a visit to El Salto Del Lim?n.

EGB