Accomodation in Sosua - Club Residencial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
I have a question to ask. I'm planning a trip to the DR (Cabarete or Sosua) end of Jan/beginning of Feb with one or two friends. One of the options for accomodation is Club Residencial in Sosua.

Does anybody have any info on this place?

Thanks for your answers and advice.

MD

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
MD, I've never heard of it. I suggest that you email or PM Eddy to see what he can tell you.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Hav'nt stayed there, but it's known to be a very good place, centrally located, maybe a bit expensive.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Club Residencial is on the road toward High Caribbean, opposite the entrance to Villas Ana Maria and beside Hotel Europa.

I think the condos themselves are fine (better than a hotel) and quite private. It's a bit of a walk to the beach, though.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Jane J. said:
Club Residencial is on the road toward High Caribbean, opposite the entrance to Villas Ana Maria and beside Hotel Europa.

I think the condos themselves are fine (better than a hotel) and quite private. It's a bit of a walk to the beach, though.

Can someone verify the location of Club Residencial.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, it's about 100 meters up the mainstreet from Europa. I know a lot of people that have lived there most has been satisfived, but some have had some trouble. They were presented an outrageous electricity bill in supplement to the roomprice agreed.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Tor said:
Yes, it's about 100 meters up the mainstreet from Europa. I know a lot of people that have lived there most has been satisfived, but some have had some trouble. They were presented an outrageous electricity bill in supplement to the roomprice agreed.

Thanks for the info. I think I will stick with One Ocean Place for about the same price, possibly a few bucks cheaper.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
What's the Planta situation @ One Ocean Place?
Last time I stayed there there was power 16 hours a day on a good day.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Tamborista said:
What's the Planta situation @ One Ocean Place?
Last time I stayed there there was power 16 hours a day on a good day.

I stayed there in May 2005 and don't remember losing power. If power was lost it must not have been long enough for me to remember it. I also stayed at Hotel Europa on the same trip and remember losing power several times for maybe a minute. I believe Europa has a generator. I am not sure about One Ocean but I presume they have one to keep the power on.

Status
Not open for further replies.