Which Apart Hotel Best in Santo Domingo??

travelbug

Dec 31, 2003
I've heard of Aparta Piedra in Santo Domingo near the Malecon. Can someone recommend another Apart hotel in the Capital (preferably near Caribe Tours) that is under $30/night. Two people. Clean and quiet??

Cuales de los hoteles "Apart" son los mejores con precio de $30 USD/noche. Cerca de Caribe Tours en Santo Domingo. tranquilo. Limpio etc.

Gracias!:classic:

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
I have stayed at two different Aparta Hoteles in the last 4 months. I stayed that the Aparta Hotel Atalaya, not far from Abraham Lincoln and Sarasota Streets. Not bad, a bit difficult to find, but very clean good security, very nice balcony views of the Caribbean. It cost about $40usd per night.

The last visit, I stayed at the Aparta Hotel Paraiso. It is across the street from el Club Paraiso, off of Avenida Winston Churchill. The entrance is a bit scary looking, but the hotel itself is pretty decent. They have their own security and also because of the club across the street, there are lots of security guards. The neighborhood is also pretty good. Best of all it was about $20usd per night. I stayed in a 4th floor room, with no elevator, unlike the Atalaya. For $20usd cheaper, I can't complain. You also had to pay $100 pesos to rent a tank of gas in order to use the stove. There was no oven in the room, while the Atalaya had both.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

sobeboo

Nov 7, 2003
check out Casa Dona Elvira at 207 Padre Billini, Zona Colonial. It just opened and it is a small intimate place. has a pool which is pretty unique. and prices are under $60. www.dona-elvira.com