Recommended taxi company in capital?

travelbug

Dec 31, 2003
What taxi company is a good one to call once I arrive at the airport to have them bring me to a hotel on the Malecon? contact info? thanks!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
travelbug said:
What taxi company is a good one to call once I arrive at the airport to have them bring me to a hotel on the Malecon? contact info? thanks!

As long as you know the fare and speak reasonable Spanish just take a marked "Taxi Turistico" van or car at arrivals and go. There are always dozens. Shouild be around $15-20 US , or only RD$500 if you are Dominican.

travelbug

Dec 31, 2003
taxis in santo domingo

Thanks. I know Spanish and DR pretty well, but it's been about 4 yrs. since I visited.

I heard that if I call a taxi from w/in the airport the cost will be almost 1/2 what someone right outside will charge, that's why I was wondering if anyone knew a specific company to call...

;)

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Travelbug, I have used Rafael Silva a number of times and have reccomended him to many people who wrote back thanking me! his web site is http://www.dominicantaxi.com I am sure you would be happy with his services!
John

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Re: taxis in santo domingo

travelbug said:
Thanks. I know Spanish and DR pretty well, but it's been about 4 yrs. since I visited.

I heard that if I call a taxi from w/in the airport the cost will be almost 1/2 what someone right outside will charge, that's why I was wondering if anyone knew a specific company to call...

;)

I guess it's possible frankly, for $20 it doesn't seem to be worth it since you have to have the guy arrive on time ( and your flight has to be also) then he has to find you and you wind up walking to the parking lot under the hot sun and all that jazz. I just grab a LICENCED cab and go.

travelbug

Dec 31, 2003
Thanks John. I'll keep their number w/me for when I arrive! Very helpful. What would you guesstimate the cost to be from the airport to the Malecon?