Jungle of lazy people?

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
All i can think about it is the old phrase - If you pay peanuts, you will get ..... monkeys!

So if an employer offers minimal wages then he / she cant expect to get the most industrious , hard-working people. This isn't just the DR obviously, this is anywhere!

carl ericson70

Nov 15, 2003
Tb,
I agree with you in principle.In a perfect world,no one would get hard work for lousy pay.Yet,in the world that we live in buisinesses & corporations have found a way around this:That is-to seek out individuals who're in generally more desperate circumstances than the local workforce.Hence ,willing to work hard without complaint,for pennies.;typically foreigners.In the u.s. it's mexicans,in the Dr it's haitians,in europe it's arabs and africans,in the gulf states it's asian indians & sri lankans etc...

This actually goes above & beyond menial low paying jobs.For example,although a country like india might indeed be a third world nation,it never-the-less has a population over 1 billion and the number of college educated/skilled indivuduals is larger than the entire u.s. workforce.Not to mention the nations of europe(inidividually).

In the last few decades indian firms & individuals have posed some stiff competition to americans & europeans in the tech fields.I many cases the indians have won the day,as american corporations realize that indian electronics,mechanical & software engineers can do the same work as american professionals,yet are willing to work for 1/4th the pay.So, it's a trend for u.s. companies to contract work/projects out within india,to recuit people from inida or to relocate to india altogether.

Tis the way of the world.
Carl.

Guillermo P?rez

Feb 13, 2004
Not to mention that the law helps in having workers with no insurance, no severance compensation, forced extra hours and low standards of in the job security.

Just as the friend above mentioned... this happens all over the world.

Dec 9, 2002
Guillermo P?rez said:
Not to mention that the law helps in having workers with no insurance, no severance compensation, forced extra hours and low standards of in the job security.

Just as the friend above mentioned... this happens all over the world.
Only last week here in England 16 illegal Chinese immigrants drowned whilst digging up cockles on Morcambe beach when the tide came in very quickly. It turned out that they were working for ?1 per day!!!! How even an illegal can live on ?1 beats me!