Trip report Punta Cana by Dwight and Sheryl

pigman

Dec 23, 2003
First of all thanks to all of you for your advise on hotels in the area. I posted these on in the general section.
We booked on a seat sale on Dec 29/03 and left on the 31st. We had some research on hotels in the area and found rooms at the Cortecito Inn for nights 2 thru 7. Thanks to Jose at the hotel when we got there he had a room for us also for night 1. I had phoned him on the 29th before we booked and he said "just book your tickets and come I'll find a room somewhere by the time you get here". So we did and he came thru for us.
We were very impressed by the appearance of the place. The staff kept the grounds in great shape and buildings looked like they had all been painted recently. The pool was cleaned every day as were the rooms. The staff were always helpful if we had any questions. We enjoyed the hotel restaurant which is right beside hotel gift shop. There too the service was great as well as the food. All in all this place is a good value for the price you pay. Also in asking around it appears that this place is owned and run by a Dominican family. We would sooner suport local business than foreign big multi-national companies which seem to like to take over certain areas.
Restuarants:
Captain Cook-It took us a while to figure out the system there but once we did we enjoyed the food. They of course wanted us to order the seafood platter for 40US per person. We saw the size of the platter and its was too much food for one. We orderd 1 platter for the two of us and it was plenty. Go early if you don't have reservations. This place is always busy so don't expect staff to linger around your table and chit-chat. We enjoy talking to the locals to learn about their culture so we missed not being able to do this. All in all it was a good experience and I would recommend you try it.
Jellyfish- Owned by a husband and wife team from Santa Domingo. Very friendly and both of them took time to come and make us feel welcome. You must try the house special lobster. It was the best lobster we had all trip and we had loster four times in seven days. After the meal again they took time to visit with us while we waited for our taxi. Again,being self emplyed ourselves, we like surporting locally owned businesses when we are visiting other countries.

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Im really happy

I'm really happy that you enjoyed the time at the Hotel that place was the first Hotel I started to work.

Homer Simpson