weather / hotel

Z00P

Jan 10, 2004
i am going to the Dominican Republic in june and staying at the victoria hotel playa dorado ,can anyone tell me what the weather is like then and any information about the hotel.Thanks

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
The weather should be good that time of year. We will be over the road from you. We are going to a nearby hotel on the 7th.
Have you ever been to an AI hotel before? Have you ever been to the DR before?

I have only briefly looked at the Victoria hotel, it looked nice. From my experience with AI Hotels in Playa Dorada you should be fine with 4* accomodation (like the Victoria). People i met on trips always said they were happy with the Victoria, personally i prefer to stay in the hotels on the beach side (thats because i am lazy and cant be bothered with the free shuttle ride to the beach).

Enjoy yourself!

Z00P

Jan 10, 2004
this is the first time we have been to the dr and al. we are going 21st june for 2 weeks and had heard mixed views on the hotel and were a bit worried. is there much to do have heard about a place where you can swim with dolphins but i cant remember the name of the place

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
I am sure you will have a great time. Get involved with the staff at your hotel and the things they organise. This will be a big part of enjoying the holiday.

Dont listen to the rep who will tell you to only buy trips of them, and that you should never book with people off the beach. You will pay almost half the price if you book on the beach. I have ben on a waterfall trip that you might enjoy (although i dont know your age / likes or anything), for about 30 dollars you go out in an open top jeep to see a few sights before climbing up 7 mini waterfalls and then sliding back down them.

Go out of the resort and use the transport on the main road to get to Sosua and Caberete. Also, haggle with everyone because you do not need to pay the first price you are quoted! Be careful not to pay over the odds!

You will probably arrive in Playa Dorada as i am leaving, haha.