Caribic Cruises, depart from DR?

bonnielass959

Jan 7, 2004
I read somewhere about a company that departs from DR offering inter island cruises. Does anyone have any info regarding this company or past experiences? Thanks

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hi bonnielass959,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

The Caribic Star used to sail from Puerto Plata to Santiago de Cuba, Cuba and Montego Bay, Jamaica but alas it has gone out of business and is not sailing anymore.

Does anyone want to buy a used cruise ship?

Gregg

Taf

Nov 19, 2003
cruises

Friends of our just came back from a caribean cruise that left from the Dominican republic. They flew to La Romana airport - I don`t know if thats the port too. The cruise line was Costa Cruises, and I know they visited Martinique, Caymans, British Virgin Islands, Antilles etc (sorry, not too sure of exact locations) Try a search under Costa Cruises.

Tracey

macal

Jan 11, 2004
The SunBird departs from dr and visits 5 islands and then back again (St Marteen, Dominica, Barbados, St Lucia and Tortola).

This cruise is called the Pearls of the Carribean and lasts 7 days, there are other cruises available.

The ship belongs to My Travel (I think), but if you do a search for "Pearls of the Carribean" or "Sunbird"), you should find more info.

As for past experiences, I don't know as I am on in at the end of March followed by 7 days in the dr, which I am really really really looking forward to now and it just can't come fast enough.

If you go to "www.holidaysuncovered.co.uk", ther are a few reviews on Carribean cruises.