Presedente Beer

cubscott

Jan 10, 2004
Is it true that at the resorts in Punta Cana they water their Beer down ? Is it 3.2 Beer or what ?

bbforbis

Oct 3, 2003
Beer

Does it REALLY matter? It's good tasting beer and you can have all that you want at an AI resort. Just enjoy it...you will like it.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
I am not sure about Punta Cana but i have been in resorts where it is straight out of the bottle!

And its damn nice!

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
Watered Down?

Where did you hear that? I have had Presidente all over the country and it all tasted the same...GOOD!

cubscott

Jan 10, 2004
I heard this about the beer ona review site called DebbiesDobinican or something like that.....

Thanks for the input

Scott

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I don't think anyone has to water it down. It's allready watered down (Not much alcohol 2 to 5%) but tastes good. Boy I miss a good Molson's or Labatt's.

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
Cubscott

Many AI resorts will serve you the slushy drinks (Daquiri, Frozen Margarita, Miami Vice, etc.) without alcohol unless you ask for it. So if you drink those you should specify the drink "con alcohol". I never heard of or had any watered down beer though.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I remember when I was there they did make the drinks a little not strong. So all you do is ask for a shot of the same liquor and add it to your drink. Did that with the margaritas and they were great! But then you get to drink all day for free...so sometimes less alcohol is better. You can last alot longer that way.
But watering down the beer, I have seen very few places with draft beer here. They open the bottle and pour it. Can't water that down.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Unless things have changed, most of the AI resorts had draft beer. It does taste watered down but i'm sure it isn't and even though presidente sell it I'm not sure it's presidente. Possibly Bohemia or something. If you want bottled presidente you have to pay extra. The upper class resorts do have bottled presidente as part of the AI . I guess you get what you pay for.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
The first two years i went to the DR (1998 and 1999) the presidente was poured from a bottle. In 2000,2001,2002 and last year it was draught. Here is a key to help you:

1998 - It was good
1999 - It was good
2000 - It was good
2001 - It was good
2002 - It was good
2003 - It was good

I am going back in 5 months and i am hoping that the cool, frosty taste of Presidente will still be GOOD!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Eddy said:
Boy I miss a good Molson's .

I am drinking a Molson as I read this Eddy. I would trade it in a second to be in your bar shooting a game of pool and drinking a presedente so dont feel so bad :)

Larry

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Bring down a few Molsons or Labatts. Cans are lighter. I will trade you for presidentes. LOL. Of couse presidentes are better in the sun than the others in the snow. But it would remind me of the old days up north when summer was a nice day.

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
Presidente sold outside of the DR is not the same recipe. YES it says imported from the DR but it does not taste anything like what is sold in the DR. I have bought a few cases in the US and I have had it in NY and other Carib islands and it if not the same. The US version (while imported) is the worst tasting beer I have ever had.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I've been saving my last bottle of Presidente for a nice hot summer day :cool: Hopefully that will some time soon for hot weather here in TO :laugh:
I'll start the bidding now for my Presidente :laugh: :D just kidding