Cafe Cito

Status
Not open for further replies.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Whereabouts is Cafe Cito please?

Have i heard correctly that they organise some kind of bar crawl into Puerta Plata? If so, who has been? Where did they go? Was it good?

We are taking friends to the DR in June who have never been, but have got the idea it is boring at night. I want to prove them so, so wrong!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
It is Anything But....

tired_boy said:
friends to the DR in June who have never been, but have got the idea it is boring at night. I want to prove them so, so wrong!

There are a lot of people who have never been with opinions about how it is, which is what you call a totally uneducated guess. At best.

It will be plenty interesting at night regardless of city you go to, as long as you don't waste your time going to an All Inclusive.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
My friends have not just come up with that opinion without a basis, they have got this impression from some of their friends who have been before. So i want to show them the best time possible, and show them why we keep going back so much.

Thanks for the comment on not 'wasting' our time in an AI hotel.

a) we are staying in one - we thoroughly enjoy our accomodation and going outside the resort
b) this thread is concerning information about cafe cito

Does anyone have any answers to the questions in this thread?

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I posted directions once.

It is between Sosua and POP, at Plaza Isabel. It is next to Harrison's main offices. It is next to a car rental agency.

Tell the driver "HArrison's Plaza ISabel CafeCito"

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Even more specifically it's on the south side of the road halfway between Playa Dorada and Costa Dorada in POP.

A taxi to and from are part of the offering (depending on your actual hotel location).

I wouldn't have said that they "put on a great evening" unless I had been on one. It's lots of fun.

Gregg

Dec 9, 2002
Never been on the pub crawl so can't comment on that. But Cafe Cito does nice food and it's in easy walking distance from Playa Dorada - just go out of the main gates and turn right - about a quarter of a mile on the left hand side.

CanadianCutie23

Dec 24, 2003
Pub Crawl

We (3-23 y/o girls) joined Gregg on the pub crawl last April and had a blast! It is definately worth it especially if you're staying around Puerto Plata (a very cheap and FUN way to get into Sosua and Cabarete at night).
We weren't able to do it when we returned two weeks ago because we were there for just a week this time. But will definately be doing it again next time.. which is hopefully in August?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Man Gregg gets all the cute girls! Not really fair ya know.

You don't need a pub crawl to find a nice nite life on the north coast. Just walk out of the complex, cross the street have 20 pesos in your hand and take the cab with the red top that passes by to Sosua or Cabarete. That is all this place is all about fer Gawds sake is NIGHT LIFE. Beaches are only there for sober, boring and people without imagination! LOL

Scott

CanadianCutie23

Dec 24, 2003
Night Time

Hey Scott,
Just out of curiosity sake do the cheapie cabs go at night time too? And while in Puerto Plata at night where do you go to get a cheapie cab? Central Park?

While staying at Breezes we got suckered into paying the $20 resort cab fare into Puerto Plata at night just because we weren't sure what other alternatives there were?

Getting back to Breezes from Puerto Plata was even more fun.. first cabby we asked said it'd be $40US and he wouldn't budge on the price. Our friends that we were with (locals) said it had something to do with the cabs wanting to keep us in Puerto Plata?? We ended up finding one for $25 but still.. its insane but at that point we were so exhausted we settled..

During the day we always took the gua gua's and public taxi's in but didn't think that they ran all night as well?

Next time we'll be staying in Puerto Plata. Since we spent most nights and days there it'd just make sense.

Dawn

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
Yup the cheap cabs are around late at night in POP. We were there in late August and went out practically every night. What we would do was send a motoconcho to look for one if we didn't see any. When he would return with the taxi we would give him 10 pesos. I am talking 5 or 6 in the morning. They were all very nice and we always made it back to Riu safely.
Minni

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Re: Night Time

CanadianCutie23 said:
Hey Scott,
Just out of curiosity sake do the cheapie cabs go at night time too? And while in Puerto Plata at night where do you go to get a cheapie cab? Central Park?

While staying at Breezes we got suckered into paying the $20 resort cab fare into Puerto Plata at night just because we weren't sure what other alternatives there were?

Getting back to Breezes from Puerto Plata was even more fun.. first cabby we asked said it'd be $40US and he wouldn't budge on the price. Our friends that we were with (locals) said it had something to do with the cabs wanting to keep us in Puerto Plata?? We ended up finding one for $25 but still.. its insane but at that point we were so exhausted we settled..

During the day we always took the gua gua's and public taxi's in but didn't think that they ran all night as well?

Next time we'll be staying in Puerto Plata. Since we spent most nights and days there it'd just make sense.

Dawn
Not really sure what scheduals are because I have a vehicle and never take them. You should have headed into Sosua and Cabarete instead of Puerto Plata from Breezes. Much closer and more fun and less calories:)

I am surprised that you spent that much time in Puerto Plata and are even considering staying there. I know it wouldnt be a consideration for me and everytime I pick someone up from Playa Dorada and take them west they never go back after a good time.

When staying at any all inclusive everyone looks at you as a mark. Try a non all inclusive and walk around without the wristband that says sucker!

Food is inexpensive and so are hotels. Not hard to pay LESS being out of an all inclusive. AT Rockys a good breakfast is 2 bux and a steak dinner is under 5 bux US.

Regards,
Scott

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Re: Re: Night Time

Escott said:

I am surprised that you spent that much time in Puerto Plata and are even considering staying there. I know it wouldnt be a consideration for me and everytime I pick someone up from Playa Dorada and take them west they never go back after a good time.

Sorry about this but when you say you take them west from Playa Dorada, do you mean there is something the other side of Puerta Plata or do you mean you go east to Sosua and Cabarete. I am asking because we are taking friends who have never been before and i want them to have some good nights out.

CanadianCutie23

Dec 24, 2003
Sosua/Cabarete vs Puerto Plata

We did go into Sosua and Cabarete one night each but found that we were still longing to go back to Puerto Plata. As this was our third trip down I am well aware of the nightlife in both areas and greatly prefer the dominican disco's in Puerto Plata city. I find Cabarete especially to be full of tourists at night and I much rather get a feel for the local bars that Puerto Plata has to offer. Again, this is just my opinion.

Next time we go down we are renting an appartment for a month so as to definately get away from being seen as an All-inclusive guest and I think the experience will be much different then past vacations. We ate in a few low priced restaurants on the malecon and the food was exceptional.

Cheers,

Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.