ISO info on Bayahibe

crenshore

Jan 13, 2004
I am hoping to visit the DR in the next couple of months, and read about Bayahibe which sounded both nice and horrible. One guidebook said it is a lovely small fishing village with lovely beaches, few tourists and an authentic Dominican ambience, but another guidebook said it is a dump surrounded by awful all-inclusives. I don't know which one to trust. Can you set the record straight. Thanks.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
It's not a dump. It's one of my favourites in the DR, just spent the weekend there. You don't even see the AI's from the center of Bayahibe (only Casa del Mar from the beach). Try one of the cabanas downtown, 600 DOP a night p/p. It's two dive shops right in the center (and I think it's one in Casa del Mar). A perfect spot to start a daytrip to Isla Saona. There's nothing flashy with the place it's basic, that's why I like it. And BTW there's no bank or ATM. The ATM in the Club Dominicus village used to be outside, but it's now in the hotel, accessible only for guests. Nearest ATM at the La Romana airport (as far as I know).

Last edited: