What does your User Name mean?

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Just a light thread - Trying to get thru the rest of this very cold afternoon here NJ...

Why did you choose your name?

Talldrink - Im almost 6 feet tall! I've been called a tall drink of water for most of my life :eek:)

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
I combined my mother's last name

Forbes, with my name Rebecca. (I dropped one of the Cs)

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Xanadu is the name of our home in the hills above Cabarete. This is not derived from the 1980's ELO/Olivia-Newton-John song, but rather from the 1816 poem by Samuel Taylor Coleridge.

"In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
A stately pleasure-dome decree:
Where Alph, the sacred river, ran
Through caverns measureless to man
Down to a sunless sea."
Since we have a couple of acres we have horses, pigs, ducks, dogs, platinos, cana, etc. we refer to the whole place as Xanadu Ranch. Click the link at left for a DR1 thread with photos and other details.

Tom (aka XR)

Last edited:

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Chris_NJ said:
Self explanatory.

Where in NJ are you from?

Good question, where are you guys? I'm also in NJ (well, just on weekends, during the week I'm in NY).

GirlieGirl

Jun 19, 2003
hehehehehe

Because I am a tom boy and all my life people have been telling me to act and dress like a girl...

NOT GONNA HAPPEN... but at least I can pretend.

GG

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Sam i am
From Dr. Zeus...green eggs and ham!
One of my favourite literary masterpieces!!!

Last edited:

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
In the beginning I was just Tom. Than another Tom started to post and pissed a lot of people off. I added the first initial of my last name to distinguish us apart.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
WOW - look at all of you actively working....

I live in Elizabeth, work in Teaneck, have lived everywhere in Essex County, and once in Miami.

Xanadu Ranch - can i visit you when I go down there? Sounds like a dream... Thanks for the poem.

Chris - where in NYC do work? Worked on Fifth Avenue for about 5 years before 9/11.

Forbeca - where are you in NJ?

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Forbeca

Hey, we are so close!
In fact, when I was research on purchasing a house I found that Mountainside offered the lowest taxes in Union County.

Im usually there (Rte 22) every weekend for something (movies, shopping or the Olive Garden).

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Re: Forbeca

Talldrink said:
Hey, we are so close!
In fact, when I was research on purchasing a house I found that Mountainside offered the lowest taxes in Union County.

Im usually there (Rte 22) every weekend for something (movies, shopping or the Olive Garden).

Don't know about lowest taxes in Union County. Ours are pretty high. But, we're in the mountains, so that probably makes a difference. We just bought there.

Narcosis

Dec 18, 2003
The reason I took up scuba diving, it's cheaper than a beer buzz..

Nitrogen Narcosis or "rapture of the deep" is the effect nitrogen build-up in the blood-stream has when you dive below 100 feet.

It gives you a slightly narcotic effect.

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
I work on Park ave so. and 23rd Street.

My cousin and his family actually live in Mountainside (the Boennings).

how about ages (or would that be inappropriate?).

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Hey, I was about to say "All people in NJ - lets get together" is that inapopriate too??

Im 26

You?