Boca Chica--guest Friendly

NYCGuy

Jan 14, 2004
Two white guys from NYC visiting Boca Chica from NY this weekend. Looking for a decent place--not too expensive--that is guest friendly--preferrably on or close to the beach. Any suggestions? Thanks.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Guest = Euphimism for Something Else?

NYCGuy said:
Two white guys from NYC visiting Boca Chica from NY this weekend. Looking for a decent place--not too expensive--that is guest friendly--preferrably on or close to the beach. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I am wondering would these guests be missionaries, or maybe relatives coming a-visiting? Then you need a comfy sofa, and a good restaurant, and ample parking.

I think by "guests" you actually mean girls you pay for sex (in some circles these women are called prostitutes).

So...assuming that - then 100% of all-inclusives plus the Zapata are out of the running. No "guests" and not cheap. Though 3 of 4 are on the beach.

Leaving, on or near the beach, the Europa. Sort of cheap. The Don Emilio Hotel is quite new and "might" allow missionaries but it may not be all that cheap but is worth asking.

Now, given the whole town is about 2 km top to bottom, then realistically everything is near the beach. So...I would say first go here:

www.bocachicabeach.net

Look under the hotel listings and skip the AI's and you will find a lot all of which allow girls (who you are paying to have sex with you) to come in the rooms with proper ID.

(NB: meaning their ID, with their actual picture and not a copy of one of a 48 year old 300 lb. woman - not that I know anything about this or in fact a lot about Boca Chica or will admit to having been there, say, in the last 9 days).

Stay away from the massage parlors which are a total bum (<--pun) deal, price and service wise (so I have heard). Also it is rumoured that these "parlors" have NO registered massage therapists at all and the masseuses are so uncoordinated they always have their clothes falling off and wind up totally naked whilst working on you. How odd.

Out of curiousity why did you have to say you were white guys?

Anyway this is what you may want to know:

The usuals are Garant, El Candil; Calypso; Costalunga; for dirt cheap Casa Coco - minus air conditioning and TV sets.

Tip: Book sooner than Wednesday before the weekend you leave or you may find it hard to get a room, even in January.

Last edited:

SaintTaris

Jan 9, 2004
Re: Guest = Euphimism for Something Else?

ricktoronto said:
I am wondering would these guests be missionaries, or maybe relatives coming a-visiting? Then you need a comfy sofa, and a good restaurant, and ample parking.

I think by "guests" you actually mean girls you pay for sex (in some circles these women are called prostitutes).

So...assuming that - then 100% of all-inclusives plus the Zapata are out of the running. No "guests" and not cheap. Though 3 of 4 are on the beach.

Leaving, on or near the beach, the Europa. Sort of cheap. The Don Emilio Hotel is quite new and "might" allow missionaries but it may not be all that cheap but is worth asking.

Now, given the whole town is about 2 km top to bottom, then realistically everything is near the beach. So...I would say first go here:

www.bocachicabeach.net

Look under the hotel listings and skip the AI's and you will find a lot all of which allow girls (who you are paying to have sex with you) to come in the rooms with proper ID.

(NB: meaning their ID, with their actual picture and not a copy of one of a 48 year old 300 lb. woman - not that I know anything about this or in fact a lot about Boca Chica or will admit to having been there, say, in the last 9 days).

Stay away from the massage parlors which are a total bum (<--pun) deal, price and service wise (so I have heard). Also it is rumoured that these "parlors" have NO registered massage therapists at all and the masseuses are so uncoordinated they always have their clothes falling off and wind up totally naked whilst working on you. How odd.

Out of curiousity why did you have to say you were white guys?

Anyway this is what you may want to know:

The usuals are Garant, El Candil; Calypso; Costalunga; for dirt cheap Casa Coco - minus air conditioning and TV sets.

Tip: Book sooner than Wednesday before the weekend you leave or you may find it hard to get a room, even in January.

LMAO:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That was straight and to the point.

crenshore

Jan 13, 2004
For ricktoronto

That was a fantastic post. I couldn't stop laughing. You mention massage parlors-are there any you might recommend and rough idea of price of a massage. I realise that these wouldn't be out of personal experience, but perhaps you heard about them from a friend of a friend.

Thanks.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Next- A Recommended Guy to Mug and Rob You - Watch this Space

crenshore said:
That was a fantastic post. I couldn't stop laughing. You mention massage parlors-are there any you might recommend and rough idea of price of a massage. I realise that these wouldn't be out of personal experience, but perhaps you heard about them from a friend of a friend.

Thanks.

I am not sure how much more unequivocal I can be when I say they are the stupidest rip-off juke joint money theiving gringo robbing wastes of time in the Western Hemisphere (if not the universe now there is a car on Mars) .

I didn't see a recommendation in there at all, and I am surprised you did.

If you go back a few posts I did a joint (<--pun again) by joint (<--pun) recap of the horribleness and stupidosity of the parlors and patrons a while ago.

To quote from Monty Python and the Holy Grail: "RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!"

BTW - to the original guy - NYCGuy- the info re: hotels and stuff was 100% accurate even though I was obviously having a bit of fun. Next time book WAY more ahead than 3 days. Hope you find something.

NB: As to the Calypso - watch the "$20" price they have on big signs - it's per person, minimum 2 and the food included is mediocre. FWIW they dragged 3 corpses out of there last summer in some sort of seedy drug related ambush murder thing. If you DO stay there, stay away from drugs (and murders).

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Echoing Rick,
Massage parlors are worthless and they don't even give a good massage. Only been to one in Boca Chica, that is the one near the Costa Lunga. It is a dingy dump and due to "my ache" it was quick, rushed service, not cheap, and the massage was horrible. At that time peso was about 25 to 1 and paid about 800RD for in my room massage that in total duration lasted about an hour. I didn't give tip and she was pissed but hey, I actually had some muscle spasms in my back and the massage was horrible and any other activity to relieve my pain was methodical and rushed.

By the way, for cheap accomodations, I like Residence Los Pinos, about equivalent to a motel 6 with security box, most rooms have a/c, ask when making reservations, very girl friendly, security guard during evening-early morning only, and kitchenette. It is about 30US a night for a room, taxes included and about 3 minute walk to beach. Will be in the DR early march:)
dale7(Howard)

Last edited: