Digital Camera Question (Puerto Plata)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arabella

Jan 15, 2004
Hello!
First I'd like to say this forum is a great resource. It's wonderful to be able to come to this place with questions about the DR and see that people have already asked them, and been answered by such knowledgable people :)

But I have a question that hasn't been answered yet.

I have a digital camera, and I would like to be able to burn my photos on a CD over the course of my stay in the DR. Is this easy to do? I will be in the Puerto Plata area.

Can I walk into any photo shop in the area, or will I have to go to a more specialized place? Any recommendations if so?

Thanks,
Arabella

macal

Jan 11, 2004
I am on holiday in the DR in April. Although this will be my first time, I can offer you some advice and tell you what I generally do.

The cheapest option would be to do this in an intenet cafe, I know some of the hotels have one.

When I go on holiday, I used to take my card reader with me and then either use an internet cafe or one of the hotels computers (after asking very very nicely) to burn them onto CD or upload them into a storage area on the internet.

I now use an Ipod, which is great for on the plane and with the optional card reader, I can download onto the Ipods harddrive (which can hold 100,000's of images).

I hope this helps and no doubt other board members will expand on this.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
take your camera's USB connector lead to any internet cafe and connect it to windows xp PC with a CD burner installed. Now it would seem like a removable drive (camera's memory). Burn the images on a CD but do not close the session (leave it open to burn more pictures later on). You can also use the directCD software and burn images on CD-R rom as if you are saving them on a removable harddrive.
I hope all that makes sense to you.
Regards,
AZB

Status
Not open for further replies.