Atlanta Guys with a question about Condos.

SaintTaris

Jan 9, 2004
After consulting with my compadres, we have narrowed our search down to a few Non-AI condos. For now we have decided to stay in Cabarete. We would like to avoid the UBH's that AZB spoke of.

OK, we would like avoid them until we have a pool/Jacuzzi Party.

Sunny villa holidays

I like the Scarface suite.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Avoid the UBH's! No!

They not U. They're mostly H's.And they're not so much B, as moca mostly unless you like the Haitianitas. I'll take'em all. No prob.

Taris, try an e-mail to Klaus at Frokka in Sosua, along with your other searches: sosua-fta@codetel.net.do. He is a good friend and has several nice properties available. He may be able to suggest something. Tell him Thomas at Xanadu sent you.

Tom (aka XR)

SaintTaris

Jan 9, 2004
I like Mocha. Mocha is fine with me.

I will email Klaus. Again, we are still trying to make our final selection. So far we came to the conclusion tha All-Inclusives are out.

One thing we are considering is spending 5 nights in Cabarete then spending 2 nights in an All-Inclusive in Puerto Plata. Or in reverse order.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
A Coupleof Things

Looks nice, but that map's too small for me to see exactly where in Cabarete that is. $140 to $180 a night? One of Klaus's places in Sosua is a nice little enclosed complex with a private pool, and like ten private apartments (not on the beach but only a few minutes walk away from the beach and less to the strip clubs) in Sosua goes for $35-$40 a night with breakfast. UBH's are more plentiful in Sosua, and allowed, even encouraged there.

I think that would be great for you. But that's definitely not local prices, Taris.

Tom (aka XR)

SaintTaris

Jan 9, 2004
Re: A Coupleof Things

XanaduRanch said:
Looks nice, but that map's too small for me to see exactly where in Cabarete that is. $140 to $180 a night? One of Klaus's places in Sosua is a nice little enclosed complex with a private pool, and like ten private apartments (not on the beach but only a few minutes walk away from the beach and less to the strip clubs) in Sosua goes for $35-$40 a night with breakfast. UBH's are more plentiful in Sosua, and allowed, even encouraged there.

I think that would be great for you. But that's definitely not local prices, Taris.

Tom (aka XR)

So do you think Sosua would be better for our "activies?"
We are looking for a place that has two 2 beadroom condos/apartments/suits/villas that allow "Guest".

We may spend 2 days at an AI just to get experience a resort type atmosphere.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Taris

For that kind of money (US$140-$180/night) they'd better let you do whatever you want! At least I'd be p*ss*d if not. Find out for sure first. Cabarete is great, they look like great Condos. But, it;s 5x what you can bet other nice places for. And if they limit your 'guests' it certainly isn't worth it,considering what you want to do on your, ah, vacation. That would not be a problem with anything Klaus has to offer. But, it's not on the beach. Still, it's a very nice, secluded place.

Tom (aka XR)

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
Magnifico

Taris,

YTou will not find a better place for the value, amenities or the size of the rooms, than Magnifico, that you previously talked about,
It is a fabulous property and I always had nothing but a praise from all the clients that stayed there:)))

Need more help with it, let me know

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
SaintTaris said:
After consulting with my compadres, we have narrowed our search down to a few Non-AI condos. For now we have decided to stay in Cabarete. We would like to avoid the UBH's that AZB spoke of.

OK, we would like avoid them until we have a pool/Jacuzzi Party.

Sunny villa holidays

I like the Scarface suite.
SaintTaris, there are 2 nice places in Cabarete, Marcos Residential, if you want an apartment and it goes for about us500/w in high season. If you want a house/villa, there's Villa Gabriela, and it goes for about us900-1,000/w in high season. Maybe you can get a better price if you say that the owner's brother sent you.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Re: Re: A Coupleof Things

SaintTaris said:
So do you think Sosua would be better for our "activies?"
We are looking for a place that has two 2 beadroom condos/apartments/suits/villas that allow "Guest".

We may spend 2 days at an AI just to get experience a resort type atmosphere.
I don't know what your dates are but check out:

http://www.dominicancondorentals.com

The nicest 2 bedroom condos (bar none) at a very reasonable price with the best location in all of Sosua.

Booked solid till the beginning of March.

I allow guests but you need not to disturb neighbors and all is well.

Scott

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
Where is anybody getting prices of $140-180 per night inMagnifico, what arelooking at. The most expensive Presidentail Penthouse with 3,000 sq.ft living space plus 2,500 sq.ft gorgeous terrace with a fabulous ocean view is $135 in the hight of season. And the property is guest friendly also and right on the beach.
I am sure, that anyone who stays there will not be desapointed in any way. I heard nothing but priase so far about it!!!

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
Btw, Miguel,

There are hundreds of villas in Cabarete, that are very nice and by far cheaper, if you check out our website;)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
I am sure.

sunnyvillas said:
Btw, Miguel,

There are hundreds of villas in Cabarete, that are very nice and by far cheaper, if you check out our website;)
You are correct. Although I was talking about high season, low season are about us280/w.(about us 40 a night). But I did saw some cheap prices on your website.

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
As far as I remember, the Cabarete Palm Beach condos are right next to the Tropical Beach Club (where we stayed last February. We took another look while we were there in December and they looked really nice. Very good location. As far as it being suitable for your "activities" I have no idea :).

Rose

Sylvester

Jan 19, 2004
Sunny Villa

Greetings DR1,

Im new to DR1, and relatively new to the DR. I discovered your paradise may 2001, and have been hooked every since. As I am looking to try out new accomodations, can anyone tell me if Casa Linda has an issue with "guests" ?