Discos in Bavaro/Punta Cana area?

susie x

Jan 17, 2004
We are coming to stay in Bavaro area in March. Can anyone tell us where we can go to have a dance, we can merengue and bachata and a little salsa.

We haven't booked our hotel yet, we want to read your replies before choosing which one.

We have been told about PACHA in the RIU hotel group and that everyone can go there, it is free and local music is played, all that we want but are there more?

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Disco?

In Bavaro

Riu "Pacha" let people go inside the disco from other Hotels also local people, also you can go to "Mangu Disco" downstairs because they play every kind of music during the night 5 Bachata, 5 Merengues, 5 Salsa and more music.

"Areito Club" they play latin music and rincon de la Salsa play just merengue, Bachata y Salsa but is not that fun "rincon de la Salsa"
you dont have to pay to get in just you buy your own drinks.

There taxi and motoconchos outside the clubs better time to go from 11.

Take care your self ,

Homer Simpson

Last edited:

susie x

Jan 17, 2004
Thanks! Where is AREITO? and can everyone, locals and people from other hotels go to MANGU?

We stayed at the Iberostar Dominicana 5 years ago and they used to allow all their staff to go to their disco, although not outsiders from other hotels, this was good but now they have changed and only guests can go.

We have a limited budget, so if we have to pay to get in we don't want to have to pay out a lot in taxi fares too.

Also is there anywheree to go that is near Sirenis Cocotal hotel? It sounds a bit remote, but there are some good deals there from England at the moment.

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Disco

Areito Club is located in Hodelpa Hotels wich one now is Princess Hotels next to Paradisus Punta Cana.

Mangu: is Located in Flamenco Hotel is 5 minute from areito.

This 2 disco doesn't need to pay to get in, just you pay for your drinks.

Sirenis Cocotal, I guess the Hotel should have a Disco because there nothing at that area, well there is a little Bar called "The Coyote" and almost not body go there.

If you don't want to pay a lot of money in Taxi wich one is so far and spensive from Sireniss To Bavaro Area. will be better stay closer to that places.

Sireniss is like 45 minute driving from Bavaro.

Homer Simpson

susie x

Jan 17, 2004
Does MANGU allow local people in too? And do you know any thing about the discos in Barcelo Bavaro Beach/Garden hotels?

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Disco

This Clubs allow local people and the others Hotel not.

AReito Club **Allow local people free entrance"
Mangu **Allow local people free entrance"
Pacha Disco **Allow local people free entrance"

Barcelo Hotels has disco but if some one else not guest of the Hotel want to go to the disco that person has to buy a night pass to get in and is very spensive price around US50 dollar per person.

HS

BartC

Jan 23, 2004
Hello Susie

Homer is right, Areito, Mangu and Pacha are the main big discos in the Bavaro area. Pacha being the oldest one, it's not very popular anymore, and you might find yourself in a pretty empty place.

Areito is open to everyone as the disco is located out of the hotel, and there is no entrance problem at all for the locals, besides the routine security check by the bouncer at the entrance.

Mangu however is located inside a hotel, and dominicans/locals will have to leave their Cedula (ID card) or their hotel's employment pass at the entrance, which is routine too.

Mangu started asking entrance/cover several months ago. You will pay 100 pesos entrance, but that includes a first (non-imported) drink.

I would not suggest buying a night-pass to visit any hotel's disco, they aren't that good to pay all the money for a night-pass, unless you will enjoy the dinner buffet and the show too.

Around the Plaza Bavaro (the center of Bavaro) there are several local bars with loud dance music as well (not discos), most in open air: El Ressumen, Rincon de La Salsa, etc... Not sure if they will be your style, but doesn't hurt to check them out.

If you happen to be near Cabeza de Toro, a little village just before Bavaro where I live, there is a very nice little bar with good music, atmosphere, dancing and food on the beach called Los Dos Mundos.

But since your hotel is located on the Uvero Alto-Macao beach in the Hig?ey region, you are pretty far away from Bavaro. An hour I would say. So I would advise you to be careful with taxi's, becaus the tourist taxi here is VERY expensive. Try to get a better deal with a local taxi company. Don't ask the hotel's reception to call you one, because they will call the touristic taxi.

Hope this helps :)

susie x

Jan 17, 2004
Thanks it does help.

We won't book to go to the Sirenis Cocotal as it is too far from everything.

Thanks again and to Homer. Susie

lindalou

Jan 4, 2004
disco's

We were in PC last March and we found the Mangu in The Grand Flamenco to be the best. Let us know where you decide to stay. Have a great time!

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
Coyote

Sirenis Cocotal, I guess the Hotel should have a Disco because there nothing at that area, well there is a little Bar called "The Coyote" and almost not body go there.

The Coyote does not exist anymore.

These Discos people are telling you are very lame and full of locals, why not try "The all new Jelly Fish" next to the melias.
Nice to chill out

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Disco

Caribbeangeorge.

She may not like the Jelly Fish bar, and she is wanting to go where is local people.

By the way has you ever walk or drive by that road going to jelly fish? is extremely dark and there is not security over there + local people go every where as client or as employees.

I posted a link already, did you saw the picts. you will see its not that full of tourist.

What's the Point to Go Dominican Rep. and not have fun with local people ? www.mangudisco.com

Why go to the Dominican Rep. if you are not going to see local people? better stay home then.

60% of the young tourist visiting Bavaro always go to Mangu, Areito and (Riu Pacha.)

Homer Simpson

Last edited:

susie x

Jan 17, 2004
We looked again at that site, it looks good.

Only problem you say 60% of 'young tourist' go there but we are two sisters in our thirties, will we still like it at these places?

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
That was funny

Listen,

You will have a great time just go and let me know how was every thing.

Every ages goes there when I meant 60% young people I meant between 21 - 60's and rarely some 70 appear at that place but they have young soul.

You saw the picture of some people already.

Just go every age are mixed there

not more worries, its almost vacation time.

Homer

susie x

Jan 17, 2004
We have booked our trip

simpson Homer said:
Listen,

You will have a great time just go and let me know how was every thing.

Every ages goes there when I meant 60% young people I meant between 21 - 60's and rarely some 70 appear at that place but they have young soul.

You saw the picture of some people already.

Just go every age are mixed there

not more worries, its almost vacation time.

Homer

Hi just to let you know we have booked and travel on 17 March. We don't know which hotel we will stay in until we geet off the plane, but we do know it will be the Palladium, Riu Bambu or the Bavaro Princess.

susie x

Jan 17, 2004
we have booked

We have booked and decided not to go to the Sirenis. We travel on 17 March, but don't know which hotel we stay at until we get off the plane, but we do know it will be the Riu Bambu, the Palladium or the Bavaro Princess.

BartC said:
Homer is right, Areito, Mangu and Pacha are the main big discos in the Bavaro area. Pacha being the oldest one, it's not very popular anymore, and you might find yourself in a pretty empty place.

Areito is open to everyone as the disco is located out of the hotel, and there is no entrance problem at all for the locals, besides the routine security check by the bouncer at the entrance.

Mangu however is located inside a hotel, and dominicans/locals will have to leave their Cedula (ID card) or their hotel's employment pass at the entrance, which is routine too.

Mangu started asking entrance/cover several months ago. You will pay 100 pesos entrance, but that includes a first (non-imported) drink.

I would not suggest buying a night-pass to visit any hotel's disco, they aren't that good to pay all the money for a night-pass, unless you will enjoy the dinner buffet and the show too.

Around the Plaza Bavaro (the center of Bavaro) there are several local bars with loud dance music as well (not discos), most in open air: El Ressumen, Rincon de La Salsa, etc... Not sure if they will be your style, but doesn't hurt to check them out.

If you happen to be near Cabeza de Toro, a little village just before Bavaro where I live, there is a very nice little bar with good music, atmosphere, dancing and food on the beach called Los Dos Mundos.

But since your hotel is located on the Uvero Alto-Macao beach in the Hig?ey region, you are pretty far away from Bavaro. An hour I would say. So I would advise you to be careful with taxi's, becaus the tourist taxi here is VERY expensive. Try to get a better deal with a local taxi company. Don't ask the hotel's reception to call you one, because they will call the touristic taxi.

Hope this helps :)
:laugh:

susie x

Jan 17, 2004
we have been and now we are back

susie x said:
Hi just to let you know we have booked and travel on 17 March. We don't know which hotel we will stay in until we geet off the plane, but we do know it will be the Palladium, Riu Bambu or the Bavaro Princess.

Hi we stayed at the fiesta bavaro palladium. We had a great time, went to all three discos mentioned liked mangu some nights but hate techno went to pacha not expecting to enjoy it much but it was great went three times lots of people inside and out loads of merengue bachata and a little salsa, loved watching when everybody danced to follow the leader and all the other songs like that.

Thanks for all your help and advice

chica

Feb 9, 2004
disco mangu

Hi,

I try to have a look at the site of the disco mangu but it doesn't work.
Is there an other website?
thanks

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Mangu Disco website

It's not working the web. but maybe susie can give you references now that she went there.

Homer

chica said:
Hi,

I try to have a look at the site of the disco mangu but it doesn't work.
Is there an other website?
thanks