Good News?

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
As quoted from DR1 News regarding Father Rogelio Cruz:
"The good news is that the priest will be staying in the country, and not traveling abroad as he had been ordered to do so by the head of the Salesian Order for the Caribbean."

How is this good news?
I won't get into the whole Church thing but here is a man who advocates violence, encourages people to steal and is Anti-Business.
I will grant you that he has been a major thorn in the side of Hippolito but I do not believe he way is the solution.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Isn't it strange how stories vary? I had heard that Father Rogelio had performed EXCELLENT work in the Barrios by setting up 'self help' institutions, organised basic foods for the needy & was putting forward ideas for Dominicans to ask the Government for things they should have as rights!!

I would be interested to hear of these incidents of "Advocating violence", "ecouraging people to steal" & "being anti-business". Could these be more Government propoganda or is there some actual truth to the allegations? It is always good to get another prospective on people in the news as it allows for 'considered' opinion! WAS the Government responsible for trying to get him out of the country or was it ALL the desire of the Church to get rid of someone less "Clerically dressed & more vociferous" than the piers of the Church wanted? - Grahame.