Jury Duty In DR?

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
I'm currently serving as a Judor, in NY's supreme court. After 3 days as a prospective judor I was finally selected as one. It's boring as hell but the system works and that's important to balance justice.

As I was waiting and waiting this came to my mind.. Is there jury selection in DR's justice system? How can someone get a fair trail if there's no jury selection?

Just got currious..

Adios,

Zues (primus inter pares)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dear Primus

There are NO JURIES IN THE DR!!

That is why it is so corrupt. Everything is done in front of a couple of idiot judges that can't hack it in the private sector and are open to the highest bidder...And you have to stand in front of a crucifix to show you what will happen to you if you lose....

HB

principe

Nov 19, 2002
Thanks to the French...

The justice system in DR is based after the French system of laws which in my view seems rather antiquated. The whole thing should be reformed.

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
Magna Carta Vs French Code

Viva La Diference! Individualism of each culture and its governs and citizens. Only Where the English rule either as Colony or Posession does the English Code in place. Each code has its good points and its bad. One to one direct vote-French code based. Look what happen during the last presidential election in the US that was a travery.

We all find something that is wrong if we only look at the surface.

Find a copy and read it. Look at the reason it was written and those that were involved in signing of this document. Then the Code of laws will clarifysome of the difference to you.

Last edited:

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
Re: Magna Carta Vs French Code

mariaobetsanov said:
Look what happen during the last presidential election in the US that was a travery.

We all find something that is wrong if we only look at the surface.

What exactly is a travery and how does it apply to the last presidential election?

Also you seem to somehow imply that things went wrong with the last US presidential election. Could you please explain exactly what it was without the hype? Sure it was a bit rough in Florida, but the system worked and the man who received the most electoral votes won and is still president.

If you want to debate direct democracy which no country on earth has versus the US form of a democratic republic, that is another debate.

Apr 26, 2002
Re: Re: Magna Carta Vs French Code

lhtown said:
Also you seem to somehow imply that things went wrong with the last US presidential election.

There was a good outcome: Americans got a lesson in Dominican-style justice.

Last edited: