question about hostels in Santo Domingo

barahonachica

Jan 21, 2004
hola can someone offer me help?
i live en barahona right now and i have a large group coming from the states who will stay at a resort here - but they also want to see the Capitol at the end of their trip and just want to stay in a cheap hostel or something. but i don't know which ones are good and which ones are no good. i want them to be able to stay in one that is in walking distance of good tourist colonial history things - so they could just wake up, walk around for a day and enjoy the history and sight seeing, and then go to the airport and leave.

any recommendations para mi groupo de 30?

Paulino

Jan 4, 2002
If you delete the toledo.htm part in the address you should be able to enter the home page of the domincan-rep.com site. Take it from there, but I couldn't find any mention of Plaza Toledo myself, though.

caribtraveller

Jan 20, 2004
i recently stayed at a new hostel in the Zona Colonial of Santo Domingo. Hotel Do?a Elvira is in a great location being in the "colonial city" for sightseeing & walking around.

go to www.dona-elvira.com for prices & reservations

hope this helps

barahonachica

Jan 21, 2004
oh yahh

Oh yes Betty's place!!! I totally forgot about that. Thank you so much for reminding me!!! That is a good place for them to stay. The other place looks too expensive for them.