Posting replies to Subscribed forums

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Is anyone having a problem posting replies to subscribed forums?

When I sign in and select a thread in a forum that I subscribe to, I am unable to:
1. Post new threads
2. Post replies
3. Post attachments

Your assistance is appreciated.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Do you get any sort of notice?

You have just started a new thread, so obviously that isn't a problem. Any because you can start a thread, I can't understand why you can't reply.

Click on reply for this thread and see if you can.

I don't understand what you mean by "subscribed threads".

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
When I login (with user cp button), I'm unable to post replies or start a new thread, however, when I connect via a URL in an email notification (that was sent when a member replied to my post), I'm able to post replies etc.

This is very strange as I able to post replies etc. about a week ago.

Your assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,
Shad.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I don't understand what you are telling me. Why would you log in using the "user cp" button?

Why don't you do what most others do:

1. Go to www.dr1.com

2. Click on "Message Boards" in the column to left of the news

3. Click on "view" below "welcome back (your name)"

4. Then start threads just like you did this one or reply to other threads by clicking on the reply button below that thread.

What you are telling me makes no sense.

And this business about posting attachments has really got me confused. You can't post an attachment to a thread. Are you sure you are talking about the dr1 message board?

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
I 'kind of' think i know what you mean.

For some reason my computer has been playing up with the logging in procedure. It might help if you have another password sent to your email address. Choose the option to be logged in automatically after that (without continually retyping your password). See if that helps at all.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
If I go to a thread via an email notification link, it will ask for my password but it wont let me post anything.

I actually have to go to www.dr1.com where it automatically logs me in and then everything works.

Sort of like your problem in reverse.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Thanks all.

Actually what I found out was that I was getting to dr1 via another link (World Newspapers), which did not automatically log me into the message board. However, as suggested by Ken, when I used www.dr1.com everything worked fine.

I must say that members are very helpful and I look forward to meeting some of you in the DR when I visit sometime in mid to late February 2004.

Shad.:cool:

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
I have the same problem as conchman. If I get a message through email it lets me read what people have posted but won't let me post a response. I have to go into DR1.com and sign in and then post. Anyway the problem I have been having for a couple of days now is with the buddy list. It only allows me to have one buddy:( I go ahead and update the list, lets say that I enter three people, when I hit update and it goes back to the user captions page it only reflects one person. So then I go to the edit page again and sure enough it has erased the other people that were there. It only shows whoever was in the first slot. What do I do?
Minni

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Conchman said:
If I go to a thread via an email notification link, it will ask for my password but it wont let me post anything.

I actually have to go to www.dr1.com where it automatically logs me in and then everything works.

Sort of like your problem in reverse.

I honestly have no idea what the problem is. We are bringing a new version of the message board online within the next 10 days, hopefully this will solve a few of the minor issues people are currently having.