I did my research, but I have 1 question...

michelle2504

Jan 29, 2003
Hello to all,

I did my research in the archives about getting my residency in the DR.
And I will hire Mr. Fabio Guzman, because I know if I am dealing with him I won't get ripped off and I will actually get my residency.

Ok so here's my question.... Whenever my husband and I return to DR in a few weeks, I will not have a job as soon as I arrive ( I will have to look for one) and in the archives I read that you need to get a letter from your employer. So my question is how long can I wait once I arrive in DR to apply for the residency? (1 week, 1 month, 6 months) I just don't want to wait too long, but I need enough time to find a good job and for us to get settled.

Thanks for any replies, Michelle

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If you are married to a Dominican, your husband can sponsor you and say he supports you economically.

Chiri

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
michelle, see this thread http://www.drlawyer.com/txt/articlesimm.html It comes from Fabio Guzman's website. Look at the requirements for provisional residency; nothing is said about anything from your employer unless you are working in the country. I didn't have a job when I got my residency and I know many others with residency and no job.

What the government is looking for is evidence of solvency, which is why they require information on your financial situation and a letter from someone who will guarantee that you won'be destitute.

Don't worry about it. I'm sure that Fabio will get you through the residency process just as he did me.

michelle2504

Jan 29, 2003
Thanks for the response Ken. It seems very complicated to get my residency in the DR, but I think with Mr. Guzman things will go smoothly.

Regards, Michelle