documents

zionlion02

Jan 23, 2004
REal quick and easy question for you experienced ones out there. dont feel likedealing with the consulate at the moment. traveling to DR from USA for the first time. DO i need a Travel Visa or can i get a Tourist Card at the Airport? Thanks for the help all

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
Nope.

If you are traveling from the US to DR you do not need a travel visa. Passport, tickets, ID and a tourist card that you pay $10 US for when you get to DR. If you want to avoid the lines for the tourist card buy it in the states. If your in Miami you can get in the Dominican consulate. They don't sell them at the AA counter anymore. Hope this helps.
Minni

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Visa

You don't need a visa if you are coming for visit, just you get the tourist card at the airport here or in state or the travel agency when you buy the ticket.

If you are coming for study or work then you might need a visa or permit to do it.

Countries who need tourist card:

Albania, Andorra, Antigua & Barbuda, Araba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, B?lgica, Brasilia, Bulgaria, Canad?, Chile, Croata, Curacao, Republica Checo, Dinamarca, Dominica, Finlandia, Francia y territorios de Francia, Alemania, Grecia, Hungr?a, Irlanda, Italia, Jamaica, M?xico, M?naco, Holanda, Noruega, Paraguay, Polonia, Portugal, Rumania, Rusia, St. Lucia, St. Vincento & los Grenadines, San Marino, Republica de Slovakia, Slovenia, Espa?a, Surinam, Suecia, Suiza, Trinidad & Tobago, Islas Turku y Caicos, UK, EU (Puerto Rico, Islas de Virgen y Hawaii), Venezuela y Republica Fed de Yugoslavia.

Foreign with a different nationality who are legal resident of Canad?, Dinamarca, Francia, Alemania, Grecia, Irlanda, Italia, Holanda, Portugal, Espa?a, UK, EU y Venezuela "Tourist Card and Valid passport."

then every body else need a visa

Homer Simpson

Last edited:

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
If this person is cuban they don't need a visa to enter the DR. Not even a passport. What they would need would be their green card and proper id ex: Driver's license, social security card. They same would be to enter the US.
Minni

zionlion02

Jan 23, 2004
thanks all

Gracias all. yeah, i am a US citizen, born and raised. just never been outside the US before, besides to Canada. wasnt sure what the regulations were for DR. i appreciate the help though and info.

One more question i guess: Landing in puerto plata, going to cabarete. are the taxis at the airport reliable? just curious to know what to expect. saw an ad for Silva Taxi service was wondering if anyone knew anything about that, seemed reasonable. any ideas or advice? Thanks again everyone

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Very Similar

zionlion02 said:
Gracias all. yeah, i am a US citizen, born and raised. just never been outside the US before, besides to Canada. wasnt sure what the regulations were for DR. i appreciate the help though and info.

It is a lot like landing in Canada at the airport, similar ID - proof of citizenship AND photo ID ( a drivers licence is not proof of the former) and in Canada of course there is no tourist card as there is no exit/pasport control when departing.

That said, a passport is infinitely better ID for travelling bar none. I would not be surprised at some point particularly with the world situation that the DR moves to mandatory passport in the future.