how to get out of the dr?

giub

Jan 23, 2004
hola,

does somebody know a cheap way out of the country, to another country in central america?
are there any ferrys or other boats wich leave to central america?
I'm now in luperon at the marina, but have no visa to puerto rico, and all the people here leave to puerto rico.

thanks!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
giub said:
hola,

does somebody know a cheap way out of the country, to another country in central america?
are there any ferrys or other boats wich leave to central america?
I'm now in luperon at the marina, but have no visa to puerto rico, and all the people here leave to puerto rico.

thanks!

No. No boats.

Fro SDQ airport, you can fly to Cuba and try to fly to Cental America from there. Or you can fly to Panama and you are in Central America. You might want to see if Central American nations want you there either without a visa, maybe they don't.

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
There are cheap flights to Caracas, Venezuela.

They have consulates for the rest of the world that aren't available in the DR, if that's of any use to you.

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
There is a bus that goes to Haiti! Of course, that isn't technically "central america."

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Virtual Geography

lhtown said:
There is a bus that goes to Haiti! Of course, that isn't technically "central america."

Not technically, literally, figuratively, or virtually Central America since it isn't in Central America or even close.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
An important questions--unanswered

Giub : Are you Dominican?

You can fly to Curacao or San Marteen w/o a visa.

Elsewhere you need a visa.

That's it. You'd be better off studying.

HB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
and the last person out must not forget to switch off the lights... errr... then again, perhaps not..

Chiri

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
Chiri,

You owe me a new keyboard, my soda just went.....
Not really, but that was too funny and yes, too true.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Tougher Still

rafael said:
Are you sure about that HB. I could have sworn a while back it was posted that getting to curacao was tough for Dominicans.

When this guy gets there and finds out like Haiti it isn't in Central America either , nor is Venezuala.

Seeme

Dec 17, 2003
It's funny that most of us from outside the DR are looking to get in, an becoming residents and most locals want to get out.

Something is wrong with this picture... It's simply not easy to live anywhere... I do understand that when you are born poor it's very hard to make it to the top... But that is everywhere not only in the DR.

Hope you find a way to your dream!

Seeme