It's on! UASD is a mess

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
Right, the shit has hit the fan. The hell raisers made a bit of a mess at the University. I expect more of the same through May. Meanwhile, the IMF booty should cause the peso to level off for up to three weeks. It looks like it will be a warm spring...

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
...i'm not sure what you are expecting when you say "it's on!". i very much doubt there will be a massive uprising (or even a little one).

in previous governments protests in and around uasd were almost a weekly occurrence.
there will be more between now and may, but little will come of them.

"the shit" may well have hit the fan, as you put it, but the fan broke a long time ago and there is no-one there to fix it.
most people, now, have resigned to fate.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Protests and rock throwing on the UASD campus? That can't be true. Stuff like that never happens at UASD!

Are you sure it was in protest of Hippo and not a protest on having to actually take an exam without having a copy before hand?

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
Re: It's on! UASD is a mess - - peso strength

arturo said:
Meanwhile, the IMF booty should cause the peso to level off for up to three weeks.

Uh-oh, don't shoot the messenger - - the peso had probably already started going up when I wrote that yesterday - I hope.