Calling Card (s) Names

principe

Nov 19, 2002
Hablando de calling cards.

There are very different names for the various calling cards frequently used by Dominicans in the US. Personally, i like to use sancocho or bachata cards. There are also merengue, arroz con pollo and a whole bunch of funky names conveying Dominican identity. If you could name a card what would the name be?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
How about the different towns such as:
La Cotuisana, La Vegana, etc...

or my favorite

La chopa...nuf said

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
El anuncio would say:

So this would be the commercial:

Hey girls, came to the DR and miss your Sankie, well now you have the Sankie Card. It has space in the back for you to write down the Sankie's name for that week and his hotel for that month. It even has room for you to add a Western Union Express Pay for you to send your dollars to your guy... Get yours at any Bodega now!

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Here's a good one..

Mama ita (mamaita)... you would ask at the bodega something like this:

'dame una mamaita de 5..':cheeky:

Here's another: 'dema una kukita de dos pesos'..:ninja:
Zeus (primus chopo)..

Baby Girl

Sep 23, 2005
Talldrink said:
The Sankie Card!

I really like that one. You know what ... I'm suprised there isnt already one with that name on the market!! lol ;) :cheeky:

Talldrink said:
So this would be the commercial:

Hey girls, came to the DR and miss your Sankie, well now you have the Sankie Card. It has space in the back for you to write down the Sankie's name for that week and his hotel for that month. It even has room for you to add a Western Union Express Pay for you to send your dollars to your guy... Get yours at any Bodega now!

Haha, now thats a good one.

I could just imagine that line up at the store that sells those the second the commercial hits the air.
I wonder how long it would take to sell out of Sankie cards? :cheeky:

*Baby Girl