Donations

Neko

Jan 27, 2004
I am traveling to the DR and want to bring some school supplies etc. with me. Does anyone know where I can leave them? I am staying at Casa Del Mar near Bayahibe.
Thanks!!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Depending on the amount... you could give them to the maids that clean your room, you could visit Bayahibe town (walking distance across from the beach at Casa del Mar) and check out the local public school, you could leave them with the management of the hotel...

ns guy

Mar 12, 2004
This is after the fact but we are two couples from Canada who stayed at Casa Del Mar Feb 7-21/04. We took a variety of school supplies (pens, pencils, coloured pencils, crayons, scissors, rulers, solar calculators,note paper, scribblers, colouring books and a variety of small stuffed toys and dinky cars - we weren't sure what to take) and delivered to the school in Bayahibe at 8:00am.
The male teacher could not speak any english and we had very little spanish. All items were happily accepted and he indicated by pointing around the small school room that the items would be useful. Our only regret was that we didn't have enough spanish to get better info from the teacher. Perhaps if there is someone out there who knows the local scene he/she could post a list of most needed items so that others who wanted to help would be able to focus on specific needs of the school.
The school is visible from the resort as it is at the end of the point accross the the small bay in front of the beach and an easy 5-7 min walk along the beach that runs to the left of the resort and into Bayahibe.

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
Neko said:
I am traveling to the DR and want to bring some school supplies etc. with me. Does anyone know where I can leave them? I am staying at Casa Del Mar near Bayahibe.
Thanks!!

There are many orginizations that could use your kindness...

Read the "Challenge" thread and you will see many of them listed...

Here are a few to choose from...

The Dream Project
contact
tricia@dominicandream.org

Fundacion Patria
contact
info@fundapatria.com

The Sosua Children
contact
angie@internet.net.do

I know that there are many others...and which ever you choose you will be doing a great thing...helping the children!

Good luck, and have a safe and wonderful trip...and let us know how the donating went!

It feels great to donate!

Cheers
Jimmy

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
Take Your Pick

Scoobster is right on as far as your selection of who to donate to. Any of the three listings are a good place to share your offerings. Your selection might be influenced by the location of where you will be staying. Fundacion Patria has selected schools in the Puerto Plata area. Dream Project has selected schools in the Cabarete area. The Sousa project is self explainable.

Thanks for your contributions.

Enjoy your Dominican experience.

Snowbird