Any Dominicans In Washington Want To Do a Protest in From of Dominican Embassy ?

DCfred

Jun 19, 2003
Any Dominicans In Washington Want To Do a Protest in Front of Dominican Embassy ?

Anyone in or near Washington, DC area want to do a protest in from of the Dominican Embassy? The embassy is on 22nd street, Dupont Circle. Let me know. I can get press releases to the media, including Univision and Telemundo. It would be a great way to call attention to Hippo's "Coup de-ta" in the making. I know, I'm sure everyone is too afraid, but I'm giving it a try.

Last edited:

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
Well, it seems I have more interest in Dominican politics/elections than those here in the US.

I would be interested in doing anything I could to get someone better in office in DR - if that includes a march in Washington - so be it.

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
lets protest the undemocratic tendencies of the PRD

Keep us posted DCFred. I'm ready to go along with something like this (I can be in Washington in less than an hour).

-Tordok

michelle2504

Jan 29, 2003
Well I think it's a great idea and if I was in Washington I would be there.

Please let us know how everything works out.

Regards, Michelle

DCfred

Jun 19, 2003
From the AP Wires Today

From the AP Wires Today:
"
Mejia's unpopular re-election bid, and charges by his own party members that he rigged voter lists to ensure victory in a Jan. 18 presidential primary, has raised fears of a return to fraudulent balloting.

The European Union has warned it would cut aid if the May 16 presidential election is manipulated, which would cost the country $324 million over the next four years. "

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Anything to unseat the Hippo

Hello DCFred! I live in Silver Spring, MD. It won't be a hassle for me to get down there. Just let me know when and will even take off from work if necessary. Hope we can get enough of us to make a good show. perhaps I can help make protest signs such as: "The Hippo is a pig" ha, ha.