allegro airlines

marcelle johnso

Jan 29, 2004
allegro airlines received $827 from my credit card on 10-9-03. in the mean time they stopped flying in the u.s. i was not notified of this, i found out through the grapevine from a travel agency. i've made at least 25 attempts to reach the refund dept. i leave my msg with numbers to reach me in english and spanish, no one ever calls me back, i've been told 4 times i'll receive my money in two weeks, well it's now 1-29-04 , i've been calling them for 3 days and the line is always busy, do they exist anymore? are they bankrupt? is there any suggestion how i can legally go about getting my money?, i am flying through a different airlines now and have to pay off my ticket by 2-27-04. i was relying on my refund to do this, i'm getting nervous because time is running out.

Minni

Sep 14, 2003
You should contact the credit card company so they can refuse the charge, or open a claim. They should be able to help you with this. I had a similar problem with Aeromar but I was able to get a refund from them. The credit card company told me they would open a claim and refuse the charge, if Aeromar didn't return my money. I don't see why with you it should be any different.
Minni