Luperon Tropical

Status
Not open for further replies.

liggyh

Jan 31, 2004
Hi,
My wife and i will be staying at THE Luperon Tropical Resort in march.It's our 2nd trip tp the DR,but our first to this resort.It seems all the recent reviews of this place have been negative.Earlier ones positive.Is there anyone in this forum who has been there recently?If so i would appreciate any info you could share on your experience there.I realize there are bad reviews on most resorts from people who you just can't please,but the increase in bad reviews of this resort has me a little worried.

Rosanie

Sep 20, 2002
I stayed there in July 2003 for 2 nights and we had a nice time. The hotel was clean, staff were friendly and the food was good.

Friends of ours stayed there over Christmas and New years and they had a great time. The only complaint they had was that it rained a lot and there wasn't much else to do but watch television. For those days you could always take a 25 minute drive to Puerto Plata and or take the 15-20 minute walk into the town of Luperon to do some shopping or sightseeing.

I wouldn't worry about it too much...enjoy your trip!

Rosanie

JIMMYSMITH

Feb 25, 2004
Hello

I've never been there myself but my girlfriend and I do plan on going Feb29-Mar7. I've been reading ALOT of reviews and the majority of them seem positive. There's always the occasional person who didn't enjoy themselves. Overall reviews seem good though. I'll follow up when I get back.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Brace your selves!!!

I'm hoping that the ones going here have a strong stomach. The food there isn't that great. I stayed there in 2002. The hotel was alright. Not all that. For some fun venture out of the resort. Go to the Disco in the town. It was a lot of fun.

JIMMYSMITH

Feb 25, 2004
I'm Back

My girlfriend and I stayed for 7 days and we had a great time. We just got back from Luperon Beach Resort yesterday and we're already talking about our next trip. We booked our vacation with Conquest through itravel2000.com and everything went very smoothly. Victor who was our Conquest representative is a Luperon local who was very friendly and informative and speaks english very well.

Before going we had read many reviews and got a little worried by some of the things we had read. We didn't see any rats, raw sewage, or cock roaches anywhere and there were no swarms of locals on the weekend.
There were a few small ants in our room but that's about it.

The resort itself is beautiful. Pictures cannot do this place justice. It looks so much better there. The food could use some improvement but luckily there is a wide selection of choices. After picking through the food for a few days I ended up mostly eating chicken, fish, pancakes and omlettes as they were the only things that didn't really taste like "luperon" (you'll know what I mean when you try it). The nightly entertainment was ok and there were plenty of daily activities to keep us busy. Some of the equipment could use some repairs - ping pong paddles, tennis rackets, pool table, volley balls, but at least it all worked. Besides the inclusive activities, we did some scuba diving and a catamaran trip booked with Pro Divers who are located right on the resort and both were great. Petra from Pro Divers was very nice.

Luperon Beach resort is a very good value and is only as good as you make it. If you're interested in seeing some pictures of our vacation click here.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Glad you had a nice time!

Hey. Very nice pictures.

I'm glad you had a nice time. Did you get to go to the local Disco?

JIMMYSMITH

Feb 25, 2004
El Tigre said:
Hey. Very nice pictures.

I'm glad you had a nice time. Did you get to go to the local Disco?

Yes, we went to the disco one night, it was alright. We don't dance much so we didn't spend much time there. We spent the majority of our evenings watching the animation staff do their nightly dance performances and comedy routines. The live bands were nice as well.

Nov 5, 2004
New Disco in Luperon

There is a very nice new disco in Luperon. (Actually the location of the disco is considered in La Rusia). It is called La Luna. Ask any of the hotel workers who speak english for directions to La Luna, and they may possibly even take you there.
It's very modern, and nice ambiance.
It is actually alot closer then the disco that is "in town".

P.s. If anyone is going to Luperon soon, e-mail me at peachez_N_cream84@hotmail.com
I have been to Luperon 5 times, and can help you with any questions you have, also would like to send a message to my friends & finace down there if you are going!

Status
Not open for further replies.