Travel from Mexico

seanh

Feb 8, 2004
Hello all, I have few questions for the folks that have traveled extensively or live in the DR. First off my fiance' and I are thinking about honeymooning their. We would be taking off from Cancun Mexico, does anybody know if this is possible? My next question is sort of general, both of us like to emmerse ourselves in the local culture. We both like to eat local foods and drink etc...but...we also like incredible beaches and scenery. My question would be where can we get it all? I would like to see SD for the history and so forth, but places like isla saona sound very beautiful so we want to see those places also! lastly, the budget is a concern, by staying out of fancy resorts is it possible to get hotels that are decent for 40$ a night an under? Thanks for your reply's, Sean Holman (Austin Texas) :D

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
You can fly from Cancun to Santo Domingo with Copa Airlines via Panama City. They used to have a direct flight from Cancun to Santo Domingo with Aero Mexico or Mexicana, forgot which, but at the time they said they could get me to Cancun, but the airline didnt know its schedule one week later and they couldn't guarantee a return (believe it or not this is what I was told by a travel agency AND the airline direct).