Best Excursions from Punta Cana

Stacy98

Feb 6, 2004
We are going to be at the LTI Beach Resort in Punta Cana in March 2004 and we were wondering what ya'll think is the best excursion (full day or half day). We need some good advice since this will be our first visit. :classic:

Tracy

Jan 23, 2004
Stacy98 said:
We are going to be at the LTI Beach Resort in Punta Cana in March 2004 and we were wondering what ya'll think is the best excursion (full day or half day). We need some good advice since this will be our first visit. :classic:

Hi,

While there last Sept, I did both Saona Island and the Monter Truck Safari.
Both were all day tours and your drinks and lunch were included. Saona Island was breathtaking. And the Monster Truck Safari was a great way to see the countryside, a few homes and way of life. Have you ever heard of sweet lemons? I hadn't, but on this tour we had them to taste. For someone who doesn't even like lemons, I loved them. I hope this helps....

Tracy

Stacy98

Feb 6, 2004
Tracy said:
Hi,

While there last Sept, I did both Saona Island and the Monter Truck Safari.
Both were all day tours and your drinks and lunch were included. Saona Island was breathtaking. And the Monster Truck Safari was a great way to see the countryside, a few homes and way of life. Have you ever heard of sweet lemons? I hadn't, but on this tour we had them to taste. For someone who doesn't even like lemons, I loved them. I hope this helps....

Tracy

Thanks Tracy!
Your information definitely helps out. I think we will be going on the Saona Island tour. My husband wants to relax on the beach for most of the trip so I think he will enjoy this one the most. Did you book the trip through Coco
Tours? Also, what did you think about LTI? I have read mixed reviews about
the food. Do you have any recommendations? Also, any information on the rooms is appreciated. I am a little nervous about this trip as you can probably tell - haven't heard of sweet lemons, but would love to try them.

Tracy

Jan 23, 2004
Stacy98 said:
Thanks Tracy!
Your information definitely helps out. I think we will be going on the Saona Island tour. My husband wants to relax on the beach for most of the trip so I think he will enjoy this one the most. Did you book the trip through Coco
Tours? Also, what did you think about LTI? I have read mixed reviews about
the food. Do you have any recommendations? Also, any information on the rooms is appreciated. I am a little nervous about this trip as you can probably tell - haven't heard of sweet lemons, but would love to try them.
Hi Stacy,
I did book through Coco Tours before I left home. I'm sorry, but I don't know much about LTI I didn't stay there. Keep in mind on the day tours you will leave around 7:00am and it may take 45 mins to an hour to get to the start of your tour. Make sure you have room service for breakfast or take something with you to eat. I did the catamaran to Saona Island and speed boat back. Lunch and drinks were included. On the way back we stopped in an area where we were able to look for starfish. The water was so calm, clear and around 4 to 5 feet deep. It was very good way to spend the day.
What are you nervous about?? Go and have a good time. The sweet lemons I only saw on the Monster Truck Safari.
Feel free to email me anytime for more info.