How does DR citizen get a passport?

Mike-eh

Feb 10, 2004
I would like my girlfriend to visit Canada. I'm assuming she needs a passport before applying for a visa to Canada. Can you tell me where in Santo Domingo is the office and if there is a form I can download.

HAPPYDUDE

Jan 16, 2004
I KNOW THEY MAKE IT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO LEAVE THE DR, BECAUSE OF THE LIKELYHOOD YOU WILL NOT COME BACK.IF YOU DON'T HAVE MONEY AND PROPERTY, THEY JUST WONT LET HER OUT. AFTER YOU PAY. THE ANSWER WILL BE NO. THAT'S WHY THE YALOS(BOATS) ARE FULL OF PEOPLE ESCAPEING EVERYDAY. :chinese:

Please turn off the caps lock and drop the huge bold fonts, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Mike-eh

Any place that she is going to apply for a Visa she need to have a passport already.

she need to have a Cedula the Dominican citizenshio card also get a recently birth certificate legalized 6 picture Passport size, for more information tell her to go to the "Direccion Nacional de Pasaportes" wich one is located in SAnto Domingo. I don't know where are is she located but wherever she tell her to find out where is the "Direcion national de Pasaportes" close to her.

As Happy D. said has being almost imposible to get a Visa to Canada or USA she need to have many thing that convience the Immigration Officer that she will come back to the DR.

Homer Simpson

HAPPYDUDE said:
I KNOW THEY MAKE IT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO LEAVE THE DR, BECAUSE OF THE LIKELYHOOD YOU WILL NOT COME BACK.IF YOU DON'T HAVE MONEY AND PROPERTY, THEY JUST WONT LET HER OUT. AFTER YOU PAY. THE ANSWER WILL BE NO. THAT'S WHY THE YALOS(BOATS) ARE FULL OF PEOPLE ESCAPEING EVERYDAY. :chinese:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
this is easy

If she is so poor and so stupid that she does not know where to get a passport, she is not ever going to get a Visa to travel to Canada. Just forget it. She may "love" you, but you will have to come here for her "love"

Meanwhile keep sending a lot of money so she can study and so she can help her poor mother get that operation....

sorry but that is fact, Jack.

HB

PS The passport is the easy part, by the way. Just pay your money ( and it will be YOUR money,) and you get the document. Hell, they don't care who has passports.

Oh yeah, thats Y O L A S = small boats that take people to Puerto Rico or to throw them to the sharks, depending on their luck...

blong

Sep 30, 2003
Damn

Hillbilly,

That is probably the harshest post I have read on this board in my short time here.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well, unfortunately it is the reality of living here

I agree that it is harsh, but think about it.

If you want a passport do you know where to go? Of course you do.

This poor girl does not have a clue as to where to go. And I'll bet a huge percentage of the population DO know where to get a passport. And the worst part is, that they will give her a passport, and the Canadian Embassy will never in this lifetime give her a visa. Never. Think about it, again. Would you give a visa to someone that has no job, cannot even fill out an application form, has no money, to go and "visit" her "boyfriend" in one of the richest countries in the world with universal free medical and a fabulous social security system? Why oh why on earth would she ever want to come back to the DR?? Answer is, She won't. And there is one more person hanging onto the System....your tax dollars-even if they are Canadian dollars....to support someone that cannot even speak Spanish correctly.

Why do I know all of this? Because she does not know where to get a passport!

And you are lucky that Criss Colon didn't see this post first! You think I am "harsh" ? You ain't seen nuttin' yet.

HB

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
Truer words were never spoken, the resort "welcome guide" should have a section on this...

Mike-eh

Feb 10, 2004
You guys are harsh

I'm the friend in Canada who originally posted the message. It's not that she didn't know where to go for a passport, it was me. I'm going back down to DR next week and thought her and I would get things started by first getting her passport and then applying for a visitor visa for this summer. As it turned out, she got her passport on her own last week. (she's not stupid", I just like to find things out for myself). I know where the Canadian embassy for visas is from the web site, but couldn't understand the DR Spanish site for directions for passports and wanted any advice if there are things to know in advance.
Next step - if anyone has advice on what to say or not say about a visitor visa for about 3 months this summer?

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Here is the site where you can print the application guide. The words above may have sounded harsh but it's true about it being almost imposible to get into Canada for just a visit unless the applicant has many good reasons to return to the DR. Such as a very good position, money in the bank, property in her name ect.

Good luck

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Mike-eh said:
I'm the friend in Canada who originally posted the message. It's not that she didn't know where to go for a passport, it was me. I'm going back down to DR next week and thought her and I would get things started by first getting her passport and then applying for a visitor visa for this summer. As it turned out, she got her passport on her own last week. (she's not stupid", I just like to find things out for myself). I know where the Canadian embassy for visas is from the web site, but couldn't understand the DR Spanish site for directions for passports and wanted any advice if there are things to know in advance.
Next step - if anyone has advice on what to say or not say about a visitor visa for about 3 months this summer?

My "standard" reply

http://www.dr1live.com/showpost.php?p=113829&postcount=3