Mountain Biking near Playa Dorada

mtb_4111

Feb 11, 2004
Hello!

In late Feb. I will be coming to Playa Dorada (big hotel complex) for a week with my mountain bike. I plan on riding as much as possible! Three questions:

1. What is the easiest and cheapest way for me to get to Cabarete with a bike? All of the mountain bike tours I've found leave from there... Is it too far to ride, or can I catch cheap transport? What kind of fees am I looking at?

2. Are there any trails to ride near Playa Dorada?

3. Any mountain bikers on this forum who would want to show this gringo around? ;-)

Thanks for any help!

Andy

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Sorry, I cant help you with locations for any good rides but........ Cabarete is maybe half an hour away in a car from your hotel. As for transport (with your bike) i am not too sure. Taxi services in Playa Dorada will be more expensive than getting transport from the main road outside the gates. But again, I am not too sure about moving the bike around.

I am sure someone else will come up with some suggestions, this is a great forum!

mtb_4111

Feb 11, 2004
O.k. apparently not too many folks get excited about mountain biking! ;-) How about trying to answer this question: What is the best way to travel around with a bike (distances too far to ride). Do guagua's fit a bike? How about hitching a ride on the side of a road? Please help!!! Thanks!