coral marien

hooptie2

Feb 9, 2004
:laugh: spent almost 3 glorious weeks at the coral marien in puerto plata 1/10-1/29/04. since we discovered it 3 years ago we've made it our only vacation destination. the resort is immaculate, grounds are well kept & colorful, and the staff is absolutely wonderful. if you're looking to recharge your batteries and relax in the sun this is the place. :classic:

Tara G

Feb 3, 2004
Do they have irons at the Coral Marien?

My family is arriving at the Coral Marien this Friday (so glad to read your review). Do I need to bring an iron? Or do they have them? What about hair dryers? Any info you could offer about that sort of thing would be appreciated - I am trying to lighten my suitcase. :classic:

Thanks,
Tara

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
iron and hair dryer

There are irons and hairdryers in all the rooms except#664. I was at the Marien 3 weeks ago it was fabulous. You dont need a thing except your bathing suit.

(only kidding about room # 664)

JOHN
P.S. there are many rooms that dont face the ocean. try and get one that faces the water

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
John,
Would you mind elaborating a little on the resort, as well as informing us of the price?
Larry

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Marien Report

Can't give any advise on the cost as I am an owner of a bulk number fo weeks hat I purchased 4 years ago that I may use at 4 Coral Hotels anytime I want. For example, after I left the Marien I spent 1 week at the Coral Costa Caribe in Juan Dolio, then spent 1 week at the Coral La Hamaca in Boca CHica, all as part of the "time" that I own.

The Marien is spacious, impecc ably clean, with a friendly staff that tries to accomodate in every way. I had a ocean facing room with a terrace, with of course, beautiful sunrises and sunsets. For AI, the food was good, but of course always leaves a little bit be desired, unless you go to one of the "pay" rest. with a better selection of wines and personal service.

While I was there a convention of 300 attending from Canada that seem to be having a great time. The hotel is minutes from golf and since I am a newby to golf I was thrilled to take lessons (private) at $11.00 an hour. YES, $11.00. (when I got to Guvaberry the rate was $50.00)

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
johne said:
The Marien is spacious, impecc ably clean, with a friendly staff that tries to accomodate in every way. I had a ocean facing room with a terrace, with of course, beautiful sunrises and sunsets. For AI, the food was good, but of course always leaves a little bit be desired, unless you go to one of the "pay" rest. with a better selection of wines and personal service.

We also own a time share at the Coral Resorts, all there properties are very well maintained and impeccably clean. All the resorts also have a very good selection of food which is nicely presented.
As far as the prices go, I have noticed a healthy increase since the Hilton Co. has started managing the resorts, thus the "new" name Coral By Hilton!
John

mlroberts23

Feb 16, 2004
Tara G said:
My family is arriving at the Coral Marien this Friday (so glad to read your review). Do I need to bring an iron? Or do they have them? What about hair dryers? Any info you could offer about that sort of thing would be appreciated - I am trying to lighten my suitcase. :classic:

Thanks,
Tara
Hi Tara,My sister and I are going to this resort March 2 and were told that all the rooms have irons ,Hairdryers and if you request when you check -in they will bring you a little fridge. They also have coffee makers in all rooms. Hope you have a great trip Michelle