what are presidentes

foggy

Feb 3, 2004
i am coming to dr in june for the first time in june and i keep coming across this . i think it is some kind of snack ,anybody help? ps do you get beer not lager as in bitter, stout, guiness in dr

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Presidente is the most popular beer that is bottled in the Dominican Republic.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
As far as other drinks go (besides lager) i am sure some bars somewhere will do them, as many ex-pats live in the DR.
But as far as i am concerned - good old PRESIDENTE will do for me!

What date is your holiday? Where are you staying?
You will have an excellent time, i am sure! Have a good look at the threads on this forum, it is so so hellpful!

Manxman

Aug 14, 2003
No Guinness

:cheeky: Hi Foggy
I was in DR last year and could not find any bitter or guinness. I stayed in Sosua. Presidente is good . Where are you staying? I am going back there in June 25th

foggy

Feb 3, 2004
we are going on the 29th june,and staying at the puerto plata holiday village so ill maybe see you. and share a couple of bottles of presidente with youse . by the way, this forum is a great place to learn about dr and i am really looking forward to going

Last edited:

Manxman

Aug 14, 2003
Hi Foggy
yes that is a good idea, we could meet at Eddys sports bar in Sosua to watch a game of football. When an England game is on, and have a few beers

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Manxman said:
we could meet at Eddys sports bar in Sosua to watch a game of football. When an England game is on, and have a few beers

You seem quite positive that England wil be through then - if they dont get through the group they will be no england matches unfortunately
Hopefully they will though!