Moving from Canada

roxie

Feb 14, 2004
Hey.

Say one were thinking of moving from Canada to the Dominican, what courses of action would one go through to make it possible?

Help would be appreciated,
Thanks.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Roxie, I don't understand your question. Anyone can move to the DR, buy/rent a house or apartment, and live a normal life without going through any special procedures. If you plan to seek employment (difficult to obtain) or open a business, you should apply for residency here, but that can be done after you are living in the Dominican Republic. http://www.drlawyer.com/txt/articlesimm.html

But don't make the move until you have spent enough time here to be sure it is what you really want to do. Not everyone is suited for life here. Also, be sure you will have enough money to live on for 6 months, if it is necessary for you to find employment, plus enough to get back to Canada if you are not successful.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
A good start

roxie said:
Hey.

Say one were thinking of moving from Canada to the Dominican, what courses of action would one go through to make it possible?

Help would be appreciated,
Thanks.

is to call the country you are moving to by its actual name, either the Dominican Republic, or if you like the DR. To move to the Dominican means to move into the body of a person who lives there and he or she would be right p.o.'d I am sure.

Since the question provides literally no details at all, provide some first for decent advice. For example how many times have you been, how will you live, how is your Spanish etc.

gilbert

Nov 19, 2003
ricktoronto said:
is to call the country you are moving to by its actual name, either the Dominican Republic, or if you like the DR. To move to the Dominican means to move into the body of a person who lives there and he or she would be right p.o.'d I am sure.

Since the question provides literally no details at all, provide some first for decent advice. For example how many times have you been, how will you live, how is your Spanish etc.

:ninja: