Easter restrictions in Punta Cana ?

MJCram

Dec 7, 2002
Hi. My wife and I are planning on staying in Punta Cana from the Saturday before to the Saturday after Easter. I've heard various ways in which our vacation could be affected, ranging from restrictions on motorized watersports to the banning of alchohol.

Can anyone shed a light on this issue for us ?

Thanks !!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Short answer: Yes

MJCram said:
Hi. My wife and I are planning on staying in Punta Cana from the Saturday before to the Saturday after Easter. I've heard various ways in which our vacation could be affected, ranging from restrictions on motorized watersports to the banning of alchohol.

Can anyone shed a light on this issue for us ?

Thanks !!

Do you mean the Saturday literally one day before Easter Sunday to the Saturday 6 days after Easter?

If so the most you'll suffer as far as AI restrictions (other than the general suffering experienced by going to any and all AI's but that is a year round mistake) is 2 days - part of the Saturday you arrive and all day easter Sunday and then the beaches empty like bladders after 15 beers.

They have so many people especially locals that they cut back on some of the stuff that can get people killed (jet ski's etc.) and often close the beach at 6 p.m. or sunset to avoid the dead bodies arriving on the a.m. tide.

You'll be able to get liquor and beer as normal in the resort etc. Relax.

PS: One post on this subject is totally adequate, multiple posts are the bane of some peoples existence - those who live in the Dominican (*) for example.

(*) Irony. Relax the sphincter and quit typing what you think you saw.