how to get good air fare to sdq from nyc

wing

Feb 15, 2004
I have to fly to santo domingo several times a year because my boyfriend is living there now. Can anyone tell me where I can find good deal (air only)? From the internet or from travel agencies? Thanks!

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
My best fares

wing said:
I have to fly to santo domingo several times a year because my boyfriend is living there now. Can anyone tell me where I can find good deal (air only)? From the internet or from travel agencies? Thanks!

I have had good luck with Travellers Advantage a discount service that after a discount of about 15% off AA you get another 5% when you return from your trip.

But-I called AA 3 days ago and for a trip in mid march to SD I was quoted $325 much lower than the above mentioned.Need to keep on top of it and search.

JOHN

May

Jan 27, 2004
wing said:

The best advice I can give you is to join the frequent flyer program. Eventually your miles add up and you can use your miles. I fly a lot because of my job, and I am using my miles for my next trip to D.R. Total cost of airfare after using my miles: $70.00 Can't beat that.

But in any event, I have been getting $300+ airfare through American Airlines. provided you buy your tickets with at least 21 days advance notice. And you can always track the airfare. If it goes down, you can call and request a credit voucher for the difference. I have done this, and they have issued the credit to me.

Take care.

777-200

Jan 25, 2004
May said:
The best advice I can give you is to join the frequent flyer program. Eventually your miles add up and you can use your miles. I fly a lot because of my job, and I am using my miles for my next trip to D.R. Total cost of airfare after using my miles: $70.00 Can't beat that.

But in any event, I have been getting $300+ airfare through American Airlines. provided you buy your tickets with at least 21 days advance notice. And you can always track the airfare. If it goes down, you can call and request a credit voucher for the difference. I have done this, and they have issued the credit to me.

Take care.

continental.com

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
I call a local my local travel agent, go to Expedia.com, travelocity.com, AA.com and Continental.com, and whoever has the best price wins.

I get special rates from AA every week, and sometimes they have flights going into Santiago for $189 (w/0 Taxes) and to SD for about $250 (w/o taxes) from Kennedy. The trip is only for a week and you have to purchase it by that weekend. Cant beat it though....

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
AA weekly specials

I post the weekly specials from AA in the "Airline Info" forum just as soon as I receive the email each week! Check around the middle of each week for the following weeks fares.
John

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Bought tixs today

I bought a ticket today with AA for dep. 3-12 for $320. all taxes incl
NY to SDQ

JOHN