arriving friday

deborahstravels

Feb 17, 2004
hi all,
my boyfriend and i will be in the domincan republic for nine days beginning this friday and i'd love to get recommendations you might have for santo domingo, bayahibe and las galeras -- and anywhere in between. any special restaurants, or places to stay or excursions? we've done our research -- guidebooks, web, visited the DR tourism office -- but i find recent visitors can be very helpful.

thanks,
deborah

JohnR

Jan 23, 2004
deborahstravels said:
hi all,
my boyfriend and i will be in the domincan republic for nine days beginning this friday and i'd love to get recommendations you might have for santo domingo, bayahibe and las galeras -- and anywhere in between. any special restaurants, or places to stay or excursions? we've done our research -- guidebooks, web, visited the DR tourism office -- but i find recent visitors can be very helpful.

thanks,
deborah

I like Cantabrico for seafood. It's right off the Malecon.

John

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Swiss Deli

In Guyacanes next to Juan Dolio.

El Mairinique in Las Galeras..ask for Nicole. if she is not there go someplace else.

HB

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Excursion

Being in Bayahibe you can stay in Iberostar hacienda, also go to la Romana what is located 30 minute away getting into La Romana you will see the main police station you can ask to any of the local people where to take the Boat to go Saona Island or buy the excursion directly in the Hotel wich one include the transportation.

Homer

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Hillbilly said:
In Guyacanes next to Juan Dolio.

HB

Swiss Deli is an institution! The food is ALWAYS excellent and you get to eat it on the water in a very nice setting.

carsey700

Dec 5, 2003
simpson Homer said:
Being in Bayahibe you can stay in Iberostar hacienda, also go to la Romana what is located 30 minute away getting into La Romana you will see the main police station you can ask to any of the local people where to take the Boat to go Saona Island or buy the excursion directly in the Hotel wich one include the transportation.

Homer
Arriving in Juan Dolio tomorrow and We would like to take the Saona Island tour .Do We have to take a speedboat one one way and the cattamaran the
other or can it be a two way slow boat tour? My wife does not do boats well
and If We have to take the fast route It will take Me the entire vacation to get Her grip released from My arm also is it cheaper as I presume to book in La Romana. Thanx simpson homer and anyone else who can answer .
also H.B. We will try the Swiss deli for sure, nice big ham on a bun, cold Presidente, warm sun, beach, perfect.