Cabarete German news reports head of military jsut bought $800KUS yatch?!

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
Did anyone see the German Cabarete news last night? They reported that the head of the military purchased an $800K yatch with the IMF monies earmarked for the armed forces... anyone heard anything regarding this? Insanity!

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
That's a Legitimate Expense!

marina said:
Did anyone see the German Cabarete news last night? They reported that the head of the military purchased an $800K yatch with the IMF monies earmarked for the armed forces... anyone heard anything regarding this? Insanity!
Word is Hippo is sending him out with orders to collect the cedulas of all the Dominican boat people while thery're still in the yolas and before they end up feeding the fishes. Wouldn't want to miss out on those votes!

Tom aka XR

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
An email is circulating locally with the supposed pictures of the yacht. The source of the information is the LNTD Digital news page, where Marino Zapete posts. See http://www.cafebambu.com
Zapete is the journalist that achieved notoriety for reporting on the President's Jarabacoa house and nursery. Where did you read that IMF monies had been earmarked for the Armed Forces?

Last edited:

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
I wish he had bought a new pair of sunglasses first, they look so ridiculous.

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
Anyone read the news that they are going to buy 3 speed boats that cost a total of $6 million USD? This is to better patrol the coast.

$2,000,000 USD must buy one hell of a speed boat.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Don't forget, it will take at least 3 generals or 'admirals' to run these boats. And a port general to oversee the three. A new house for all 4. Plus jeepetas to get from the house to the dock. Dockage fees to the port. Fuel in advance. Then I'm sure there is a hefty commission on the sale to go to the PPH. Salaries for brokers. It adds up..lol

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
gringo in dr said:
Anyone read the news that they are going to buy 3 speed boats that cost a total of $6 million USD? This is to better patrol the coast.

$2,000,000 USD must buy one hell of a speed boat.

Colombia is not as close as you think :)

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
All of you guys are really something. Sometimes I just come to this board to have a little laugh. You guys can take anything and turn it into a joke. Maybe you guys are becoming real dominicans, hey it could happen. ha ha ha, have a nice day everyone!!! :p

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Nal0whs said:
All of you guys are really something. Sometimes I just come to this board to have a little laugh. You guys can take anything and turn it into a joke. Maybe you guys are becoming real dominicans, hey it could happen. ha ha ha, have a nice day everyone!!! :p

JOKES you might think is a JOKE! but that is exactly what's going on!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I know that is whats going on. I did not said that the news of the Yacht and the police was a joke. The responses people made to that afterwards, tended to make me laugh, that's all.

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Nal0whs said:
I know that is whats going on. I did not said that the news of the Yacht and the police was a joke. The responses people made to that afterwards, tended to make me laugh, that's all.

i hope that Hippo and his choppo's have their day in COURT...