Sailing from PPlata to Cuba

mtma

Feb 23, 2004
Hello

We are planing to sail from PPlata to Cuba around the middle of March. Would like to contact somebody who can give us som advise.

Jack

Winnipegger

Oct 17, 2003
Hola from Fidel

Contact me at FidelCastro@infidels.com. If you are sailing this way make sure you contact me as I will provide a fantastic welcoming committee. Just ignore all the locals on rafts heading your way. A good place to stop for lunch on the way would be Haiti as the food is cheap. You might even find some people willing to share your boat with you for the trip. A friend of mine Mr Aristide can help you out for directions. He tells me he need a vacation right about now so maybe you could bring him with you also?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
How are you going to do this>

Do you have y our own sail boat? If so what can we contribute?

You head out of the harbor, turn to 270 and keep going until you bump into Cuba.
Getting back will take weeks because of the head winds....

Why not fly?

HB

mtma

Feb 23, 2004
Hillbilly said:
Do you have y our own sail boat? If so what can we contribute?

You head out of the harbor, turn to 270 and keep going until you bump into Cuba.
Getting back will take weeks because of the head winds....

Why not fly?

HB

Thanks old boy. The boat came from Hawaii, and I guess we shall manage to get to the shores of Cuba without too much hassle.

Jack

mtma

Feb 23, 2004
Winnipegger said:
Contact me at FidelCastro@infidels.com. If you are sailing this way make sure you contact me as I will provide a fantastic welcoming committee. Just ignore all the locals on rafts heading your way. A good place to stop for lunch on the way would be Haiti as the food is cheap. You might even find some people willing to share your boat with you for the trip. A friend of mine Mr Aristide can help you out for directions. He tells me he need a vacation right about now so maybe you could bring him with you also?

Thanks for your good advice. Shall look out for Mr. Aristide, but sorry the boat is full. As to directions, we managed to come from Hawaii as far as Antigua. I guess we shall find Cuba as well.

Jack.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
As a former subscriber to Yatching, I am drooling

Please tell us all about your boat and this wonderful trip of yours.

What is your final destination? Going through the canal back to Hawaii?

Do you need a guide through the Dominican waters? Be very careful coming into Puerto Plata harbor...nasty reefs just outside...

HB

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Will you be heading out of Luperon and also are you planning for the south coast of Cuba or the North coast into Hemingways.