US Tourist Visa

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
I have a question about Visa?s. I am divorced and while I have a Dominican girlfriend I am still unsure where it is going. I had decided I was going to retire there before I met her. Since my intentions are to live in the DR I would not need an imigrant Visa to bring her to the states to live. If however I marry her can I get a tourist visa for travel the states on vacations easily? If I get married I would want to bring my new family to the states but I would not want to stay long enough for them to establish residency. Even if I did not marry her the reality is I will be there single and under 40 so I doubt I would be single long.
John

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Generally speaking

You should not have too much trouble getting a visa for her.

However, given the fact that there are tens of thousands of US citizens living here, both bad and good, the Consulate will look real hard at your marriage. If something doesn't smell right, they might well refuse the visa. Establish, starting now, your length of the relationship. Phone bills, airline tickets, any other receipts. Make sure your wedding is in the papers-that is easy. Don't go to the consulate the next day and ask for a visa.

And, be patient.

HB