<MOVING> Canada to Dominican for good

James Miller

Feb 23, 2004
Hi Everyone in the Dominican,

I'm a 32 year old male I Will be moving to the Dominican in May 2004,
I have been brushing up on my Spanish before I go. I was wondering about
Jobs In the Dominican, The last ten years I have been teaching and running my own private Schools. I can teach or do business in any of these areas
all levels of Computers and Business also coach Baseball basketball hockey
soccer and many other phisical education programs. I Will find a position in Dr
no problem I'm not to worried about that but if anyone has a few pointers
that would be great. I have been researching dr for 3 years now And thats
were I will be in may.

Thank you in advance
Hope to meet good people like myself
And I'm sure I will

James Miller
lightbeer@budweiser.com

ghe

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 21, 2004
There's a lot of opportunity here especially a teacher like you. International schools are always looking for bilingual teachers.

Well then, c yah on May.

Ghe

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
This is the Dominican Republic

Not the "Dominican"! Are you from the Commonwealth? And you say you have been researching this place for 3 years? gimme a break!

Oh yeah, that is "physical" education, not "phisical"

Stay in Santo Domingo. There are more opportunities there

HB

James Miller

Feb 23, 2004
Thanks All

Thanks for my personal spell check.. :)

I will make it in the dominican, no problem there. I worked as a Computer
teacher in Jamaica for 2 years @ U of WI and I loved it there.

I have researched the islands for many years, I know what type of work I want were I want to work or what type of business I will look into.

But no matter how much research I did for Jamaica I missed a few things
along the way. Just trying to keep my eyes a little more wide this time around.

Thanks Everyone

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Your announcement

Well, Mr. Miller, you have made it known to us that you will come in May.
I really like to see self-confident people like you who are so certain about finding jobs. With your professional background and your experience in Jamaica nothing whatsoever should hinder your success.
Oh, BTW, what made you leave the land you liked so much?
Could not have been the lack of success, right?
M?frog

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
James Miller said:
Thanks for my personal spell check.. :)

I will make it in the dominican, no problem there. I worked as a Computer
teacher in Jamaica for 2 years @ U of WI and I loved it there.

I have researched the islands for many years, I know what type of work I want were I want to work or what type of business I will look into.

But no matter how much research I did for Jamaica I missed a few things
along the way. Just trying to keep my eyes a little more wide this time around.

Thanks Everyone

James,
REPEAT of Hillbilly's comment - This board is for the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. Are you getting us mixed up with Dominica perhaps? You DO mention the Dr in your first post, by that do you mean Doctor or D.R.? As you have researched the Islands so much, surely you will have found that the Dominicans (people who Live in the D.R. are called Dominicans - NOT the country) love to be shown the respect of being called The Dominican Republic or Republica Dominicana!! Come here & call the country dominican (note your use of small 'd') & you could be moving on quite quickly!!

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but RESPECT is everything here & you need to abide by the rules of The Dominican Republic!! - Grahame. (who has LEARNED by his mistakes!!).

James Miller

Feb 23, 2004
Thanks again

Your truly right Sorry if I Offended anyone that was not my intention.

not an excuse but my first 10 years in the computer industry was in voice recognition for the first talk engines at IBM and dragon and even after all theses years I still have bad keyboard skills. again SO SORRY

WHAT A GREAT SITE, thanks again everyone

<<JAMAICA>>

For many years the government in jamaica has not been to nice to the people, taking allot of money from there once beautiful tourist spots and
not giving any back for the upkeep.

My aunts friend is the abassador for the USA in Jamaica, well even know I never meet him I had dinner with his wife, she believes a war is within 5 years.

for instants I went to see my grandfathers grave when I got to the cemetry
all tombstones were pulled out of it's spaces and people had made houses
for themselves.

I could go on and on

Thanks again Have a great day all,

James

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Really, a war in Jamaica in approximately 5 years. Lets see, Haiti has flared up in February because of the government, The Dominican Republic is waiting for elections in May to oust their no good bad spirited bald headed (no offense to bald people, except Hippo) president out of power, and Jamaicans are about to do the same, though I don't know when their elections are. Castro should kick the bucket soon (though I love what he has done with Cuba, very nice in terms of peoples respect of property, no racial boundaries, and just the general ambiance of doing something for society rather than for ones self corrupt monetary gain) and that will insure a military up rising deal, there is a "movimiento" of independalist in Puerto Rico wanting to become an independent nation, Guadaloupe is planning the same thing from France! Well, the Caribbean seems to be warming up again.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Please Don't (go on and on)

James Miller said:
<<JAMAICA>>

For many years the government in jamaica has not been to nice to the people, taking allot of money from there once beautiful tourist spots and
not giving any back for the upkeep.

My aunts friend is the abassador for the USA in Jamaica, well even know I never meet him I had dinner with his wife, she believes a war is within 5 years.

for instants I went to see my grandfathers grave when I got to the cemetry
all tombstones were pulled out of it's spaces and people had made houses
for themselves.

I could go on and on

Thanks again Have a great day all,

James

This is a DR (Dominican Republic) board. Skip the Jamaica diatribes, OK? And by golly, use a dictionary too.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
ricktoronto

I think James Miller was responding to someone's question of why he left the place he loved, which was Jamaica.